We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any chance that I....??

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
reviews: 28
any chance that I....??

hi

I am flying in from Kalibo to Clark and arrive at 1830( tiger airways) and i have another(international) flight out of Clark at 2045 (cebu) the same day........is it normal for flights to be delayed on the KLO-CRK route.....tiger airways in particular???.......coz otherwise i'm gonna be in a whole load of trouble........OR is it just enough time to make it.........i'm travelling mid April.......any thoughts guy's

thanks

Saint Louis...
reviews: 5
1. Re: any chance that I....??

Just personal experience, I don't like booking international connecting flights on the same day unless they are with the same company. Too much risk. Even then I like more than a 3 hour connection window.

My experience with Philippines domestic airlines is that compared to the US, they tend to have higher incident rate of delays or cancellations. On my day of travel to Caticlan every airline was delayed. On my day of travel to Manila from Kalibo, I witnessed a high rate of delays from all airlines. Keep in mind though, that I traveled during peak season.

If I were in your position, and this is just my personal preference, not advice, I would call my domestic airline and try to switch to an earlier in the day flight at the very least, or prior day flight at best.

Do you have travelers insurance?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
2. Re: any chance that I....??

Statistically speaking, late afternoon and evening flights are more prone to delays. I would book a morning flight if I were you.

Edited: 8:35 am, February 25, 2013
Oslo
reviews: 101
3. Re: any chance that I....??

you stand a good chance to miss your international flight for sure.

clare,ireland
4. Re: any chance that I....??

international) flight out of Clark at 2045 (cebu) -clark to cebu isnt international

Pune, India
5. Re: any chance that I....??

@ claireirishmam..... I'm sure and know that it isn't!!! .....but CRK-BKK is!!!!... and I do know if I'm flying domestic or international....... twice a week flight BKK - CRK-BKK and I'm sure you'd like to confirm that.........anyways way off topic

Edited: 10:18 am, February 25, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
6. Re: any chance that I....??

Isla,

With all respect, may I know where did you mention BKK in your opening post?

I believe all members here understand what is international and domestic flights too.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
7. Re: any chance that I....??

Furthermore, when you write "and i have another(international) flight out of Clark at 2045 (cebu) the same day....", not everyone will know the (Cebu) you mentioned refers to Cebu city or Cebu Pacific.

We do not keep track of airlines flight schedule. So it will be good to be specific in the future.

Pune, India
8. Re: any chance that I....??

With all due respect to all...I am a fan!!! but am I not aware if I'm flying domestic or international.???? ..... .so is it a case of a few people wearing blinders ...OR. .,.it's just that lately I've been noticing a lil bit of high handedness with a few .....especially with the senior members.......we are here for advise and not for sermons.......With due respect again... It's just the tone that I do not fancy.....we're here to learn.......I just hope you can teach us better....:-)

Pune, India
9. Re: any chance that I....??

In the same context I must say that the first three answers to my post were more than what I asked for!!!!!.....I have made my decision because of their helpful inputs and attitude......thank you once again guy's..

clare,ireland
10. Re: any chance that I....??

ur first flight kalibo to clark is domestic so by saying you have another international flight the same day is confusing -be more specific and then wont have issues-thats what learning is about

Edited: 12:44 pm, February 25, 2013