We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to see Boracay and one other place for snorkeling.

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Japan
I want to see Boracay and one other place for snorkeling.

Hello all,

I'm coming to the Philipines for 10 days on the 19th of January (yup I am leaving this till the last minute not the smartest thing to do I am aware). I want to see Boracay and hopefully one other area that is good for snorkeling, but I'm a little bit clueless about where else to go, and what is the best way to get around.

Should I book a round-trip ticket from Manila to Boracay and back again, and just use Boracay as my base of operations? Should I try to book a one-way from Manila to Boracay, then a one way to the Apo Reef area (or some other snorkeling hot-spot to be determined), then another one-way back to Manila?

Any recommendations on where to go and how to get there are much appreciated!

Philippines
1. Re: I want to see Boracay and one other place for snorkeling.

Padre Burgos in Southern Leyte has excellent snorkeling on pristine reefs both directly from the shore and on boat trips. From November until May you can also snorkel with whale sharks, without crowds and with great water visibility.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 71
2. Re: I want to see Boracay and one other place for snorkeling.

Apo reef is too isolated and takes a lot of effort to get to. Unless you mean Apo island, off the negros coast near dauin, which would be a better choice, or Bohol, or siquijor

clare,ireland
3. Re: I want to see Boracay and one other place for snorkeling.

flights from boracay are only to manila and cebu -so if really want to go boracay then cebu/bohol would probably be best

4. Re: I want to see Boracay and one other place for snorkeling.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 15, 2014