We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you get to Borocay?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
reviews: 3
How do you get to Borocay?

Hi all...i'm looking to go somewhere really different later this year and i have stumbled on this gem Borocay.

Looks amazing the only thing is...I have no clue how to even start planning it haha...I know it sounds crazy but don't even know and can't find out where to fly to and plan the holiday

Any Ideas??

Thanks all

alkhobar
reviews: 8
1. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

haha taylor, simply check the right side of your screen on "Top Questions about Boracay" ... that will help you start planning.

clare,ireland
2. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

firstly its boracay -so might help when using google

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,159
3. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

To get to Manila, I suggest travelling on either Singapore Airlines via Changi or Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong. If the fares are significantly cheaper from the UK to either Singapore or HK rather than Manila, it may be an option to use Cebu Pacific from either or AirPhilExpress or Tiger Airways from Singapore, but if you do so I would allow at least a four hour connection in each direction. Book online at each budget airlines' website for the 'local' trip but for the long distance one from UK to Singapore or HK, price te trips at what you call 'bucket shops' in the UK. Compare Manila, Sing and HK fares.

You can fly ex Manila NAIA (main airport) to Caticlan on AirPhilExpress (recommended) or Cebu Pacific while a wider range of airlines fly from either Manila NAIA or the 80 kilometre away Clark Airport to Kalibo, which is 60 kilometres from Caticlan (the latter is a 10 minute ferry ride from Boracay Island). Airlines from Clark include SEAir (book via www.tigerairways.com) It takes at least two hours to get by bus from Manila to Clark (sometimes longer if there is traffic congestion). 'How to get from Manila to Clark' or vice versa is also answered under TA's 'Top Questions' at the right hand side of the TA page.

Bristol
reviews: 3
4. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

Thankyou!!! didn't see the top questions either.."/ too many vino's i guess lol

I'm onto it.....going November looks the best time to go.

thanks guys

Edited: 8:44 am, January 13, 2013
boracay
reviews: 12
5. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

You can often find some good deals flying via the Middle East - Gulf Air, for example. And many people prefer this route as you get a break to get up and stretch halfway along your journey.

alkhobar
reviews: 8
6. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

Dont worry, even I dont read it but really, it contain a lot of useful info.

Oslo
reviews: 108
7. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

Ed, I thought you wrote it.

london
reviews: 11
8. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

As a fellow Brit I think you're love Boracay, it has a beautiful beach (White beach) with a lovely glade of nipa, grab a lovely sunlounger and completely chill out with some of the most delicious fruits you've ever had (Guimaras Mangoes are without doubt the best in the world). Some lovely beach path bars like nigi nigis meeting people from all walks of life and in D'Mall an avenue of joyful shopping. Visited three times in ten years, married a girl from 'the big island a short boat trip away' -iloilo and many boring days here in the Uk my thoughts drift there and recall that beautiful place and say to myself ' it wont be long' . Go for it and hope you all really enjoy yourselves on it,

boracay
reviews: 12
9. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

As also a fellow Brit, if it's mellow, tropic island ambience you're looking for, avoid the area of the mall at all costs. If you are coming to enjoy the island vibe, it is the opposite. Nasty. Crowded to death. Horribly noisy. You want a city break, go to Singapore. You want to see the authentic Boracay, scrap that area. It's just tacky, neon-lit generic chain stores and hoards of Koreans with tour guides, taking pics outside Starbucks. That's the station 2 area. Package tourist central. It's sad.

Oslo
reviews: 108
10. Re: How do you get to Borocay?

Phidale, much has changed, but still nice.