We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Casablanca, Morocco
reviews: 19
7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

Hey guys, I will be coming to Boracay with a group of friends for christmas/new year's, and will stay 7 days in total. I'm already familiar with the island as I have stayed there last July, but just needed your input on a fun list of activities to keep us entertained for the whole week. What's planned on my end is just Ariel's point day trip, and a boat trip for the day around the island. I would like to go on a kayaking island hopping activity but don't know if that's available.

Also, can you tell me what the usual rates are for a boat rental per hour/per day ? I heard about Red Pirates. Also, where can I rent a boat that has the net lining and you can lie down on it while the boat is cruising. Last time, I had a traditional and somewhat old boat where you could just stay inside.

Any tips/recommendations is welcome. Thanks !

Hassan

boracay
reviews: 12
1. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

Sailing paraws have the net trampoline where you can lay down, while with the motorized bancas you generally have so sit inside on a hard wooden bench. Paraws are a nice way to get around the island and go snorkeling or sunset cruising. P600 - P800 per hour to rent one, depending of the size of the paraw and the size of your group. Kayaks are available to rent from Boracay Travelers near Sulu Bar at boat station 3. You can usually see the bright yellow ocean kayaks stacked outside. They are fairly stable and good for beginners.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 796
2. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

Walk along the beach and its easy to find a Paraw. We did a lovely Sunset Trip on one last time.

Tommo

boracay
3. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

Safety standards and experience of sailing paraw crews can vary greatly so personally I wouldn't just pick any boat on the beach to go sailing. As with most water activities, ask around or look online for names and good recommendations. Make sure they have lifejackets on board. Some crews will give you a good and fun scenic tour. Others will just ignore you or try to rip you off. Regarding the cliff jumping at Ariels Point, many accidents happen there (some very serious) and it is far from medical facilities, so think carefully about joining that activity.

4. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, December 08, 2012
Oslo
reviews: 123
5. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

You can do these things plus more: Island Hopping, Parasailing, Jet ski, ATV ( I do not recommend), Ariels cliff diving (dangerous) PARAW sailing (many boats on the beach), Private boat trip, ,Go cart, Helmet diving, snorkeling, scuba diving to name a few, plus great spa services.

boracay
6. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

There are many companies offering activities in Boracay. I strongly suggest that you do NOT just choose any tout, guide or sailboat on the beach as to do so can compromise your safety. The volume of accidents over the last couple of years alone backs that up. Helmet diving experiences vary from company to company, as do para-sailing, banca or paraw ride, scuba etc. ATV rides are not worth the money as you can't do a proper island tour on them, and are dangerous IMHO.

Casablanca, Morocco
reviews: 19
7. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

Thank you all for your advice. Do you recommend any company in particular for trying a paraw and helmet diving ? I will be staying in station 1 and unfortunately last July I was there and I rented a banca through a guy walking down the beach, I think all renting services are located in station 2.

Also, any recommended spas for manicure/pedicure/haircut/massage ? Mandala is very expensive so something a little more mid range.

I will try to just enjoy the beach and take it slow as the real adventure will be after NYE I will be heading to Coron for a couple of days.

boracay
8. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

I went helmet diving with NIS and found them to be good. You can arrange watersports at all three stations but can only depart by boat from stations 1 and 3. I can't recommend my favourite crew/paraw due to conflict of interest - I know the guys well and it is against forum guidelines - but some other good paraw crews are Wind Song at st 3, Sea Monster and Wind Rider. Or ask your hotel to recommend. Touts will take commission so try to book direct for activities.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 267
9. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

Sirenna,

"Wind Song at st 3, Sea Monster and Wind Rider"

Are these names of the boat and all these three are in Station 3 or is it only Wind Song is at Station 3?

Thanks.

Oslo
reviews: 123
10. Re: 7 days in Boracay: which activities for a fun week ?

Yusaragi for massage, station 3. Try Vikings boat for paraw. Milkys up on station 2 area for Helmet Diving.