We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

So I'm meant to be flying out to Boracay via ZestAir tmr at noon from Manila, now with all the typhoon warnings not sure whether it is worth the risk of flying out there and either being stranded or not being able to reach there by boat?! Have contacted flight agency today who confirmed it is safe to travel over but I have my doubts! Very bad timing as I'm only supposed to be there from tmr through to Friday :( OR, fly over to Phuket instead... Hrm.. Decisions.. Decisions...

clare,ireland
1. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

hi -well airphil and cebu pacific have cancelled flights to lots of destinations including boracay -so not sure why zest would fly

clare,ireland
2. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k5940… -did u read this?

3. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

Ahh yeh thanks for that! Have just contacted the airline again who have still said there are no cancellations on their end?! But even so, we may end up getting stranded in caticklan anyway since they will surely cancel any boat trips over :( ahh dear..

Oslo
reviews: 99
4. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

boats were cut off at 530 pm, almost 7 hours ago, maybe tomorrow they will run again, but unlikely.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 13
5. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

Hey there, just posted this in the other thread:

I'd be worried about the power failure, flooding, flight & boat transfer cancellations in the coming 3 days.

Please keep in mind that this may be worst than the typhoon last year that hit Mindanao, and it's gonna dump rains and cause high winds. Though it will not be a direct hit, if it doesn't weaken when it reaches Mindanao land then it's going to bring lots of rain once it passes through the region of Boracay, as you may see in satellite pics now.

If you have a chance to stay in Manila until the end of the week, then do so first, otherwise you may not be able to enjoy the beach.

I do not intend to cause alarm but these are probable events. Sorry to hear about your trip...

Oslo
reviews: 99
6. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

things look better and all may be okay tomorrow....l

boracay
reviews: 12
7. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

If it weakens, more than likely it will just dump a lot of rain on Boracay which will cause flooding in central areas. Beachfront hotels with be fine. Strong winds may cause power outages but most hotels have back-up generators.

8. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

Thanks for your responses- so hard to know what to do with these things! Some say its ok and others say not..

I have family in Iloilo and went to stay with them for a few days last wk- lucky I had the chance! Was really looking fwd to some beach time as I've been staying in the mountains of Iloilo, now city in Manila so beach time would've been nice. Considered flying out to Phuket from here instead- but it's a bit out of price range and very last minute... I even looked up other beachea but they are also located in the visayas region so no luck there :'(

We have contacted airline yet again who have still said its ok to travel, so we are going to try our luck!! Fingers crossed all will be ok!!! :s

boracay
reviews: 12
9. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

The storm, according to TV weather reports, has lessened in strength. Boracay should be fine by Friday, though probably flooded in places if we recieve heavy rain. Those flooded places can easily be avoided though.

10. Re: Typhoon Pablo in Boracay?!

Waiting at Manila domestic airport now- most other flights to visayas have been cancelled but the flight to kalibo is still going ahead. Quite a few ppl here at the airport.. Called the hotel in boracay today and they said weather conditions were fine and sunny.. Sooooo hopefully all is smooth! Have been keeping an eye on the weather updates too.. Will update again when I can! Thanks for the responses- it's been really helpful :)