We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

Hi All,

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 years anniversary on Jan 2014 and planning to renew our vows at the beautiful Station 1 Beach.

I have requested wedding packages at most of the hotels at Station 1. We are only having a small number of guest of 30. As we live overseas and everyone attending is coming from overseas.

I have been to a beautiful boracay beach wedding. It was very extravagant and so well organised. I know this cost a lot and not planning to do the same. Our budget is less than P100,000.

I was hoping to organise majority of the details rather than hiring an event coordinator to save costs. But things I need to know is do we need permit to renew our vows at the beach? How do I organise this?

I will probably organise the other details with the hotel ie Arch flower arrangement / beach dinner buffet settings.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

I suggest Fridays hotel who can arrange everything for you and have a variety of packages to choose from.

San Juan...
Level Contributor
233 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

Exchanging vows in Jan2014? Price have surely inrease at that time.

Oslo
Level Contributor
13,102 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

You need a permit for a beach wedding, but many who have small ones do NOT get them. Check into it.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

Renew. It expired?

Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

I will get a quote from Fridays, thank you for your suggestion.

However I just received a quote from Estacion Uno and is just under our budget so I'm pleased. At least I now know I can get a quote base venue hire that includes:

*Round Table Set-up with Linen (white linens only)

*Plates, Cutleries and Glassware

*Security Borders

*Decorated Arc with Floral

*Wedding Beach Permit

*Beach Set-up

* PA System (Microphone, Speaker & CD,DVD Player)

This is all for P20,000 then additional rate for meal per person + cake & Pastor.

However quote for a 2 layer fondant cake for P15,000 and Pastor is P15,000?

Is this amount reasonable?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

I highly doubt if Fridays will be cheaper than Estacio Uno. But no, I don't think P15k for a cake or for for 20 minutes of a pastor's time is reasonable. These greedy pastors must be absolutely flipping loaded if that's the case, given how many weddings there are each year! Jeez!

Edited: 10:40 pm, September 19, 2012
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
270 posts
62 reviews
7. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

I have also seen weddings at Sea Wind. Why don't you also try Pearl of the Pacific, as they may have too.

Keep in mind that the rates you get now are published internet rates. You can try your best to negotiate remotely but it can be difficult.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

Yes I'm waiting for ersponse from Sea Wind and Pearl of Pacific.

Does anyone have a contact for a pastor there? Maybe I can contact him direct?

Might also check out cake shops at Boracay and enquire the prices they charge.

Oslo
Level Contributor
13,102 posts
130 reviews
9. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

if its a renewal of vows, skip the pastor and have it done by family friend or even a boat captain etc. etc. 15k as sirenna said is a rip off. I wold also look around for cake prices, that is a big rip off as well.

Oslo
Level Contributor
13,102 posts
130 reviews
10. Re: Renewing vows at Boracay Beach

Just so you know, you can get a similar cake in the mall for about P3500 or less and that the mayor can do weddings for much less. Also, a church wedding to add perspective is much cheaper and we know churches tend to charge much.