We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About 2go ferry and Batangas

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
About 2go ferry and Batangas

Hi Guyz,

I'm trying to find the transport information about travel from Caticlan to Manila. And I end up with 2go travel, which provide the overnight ferry to Batangas.

So here I am, is there any of you know about this company? What's the different of their class selection? Let's say the cheapest one and tourist class?

Is there anyone can give me some information of this?

Also, is it easy to travel from Batangas to Manila? I've look a bit, it's took 2 hrs by bus?

Hope you guyz can help!

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 229
1. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

Is this the company you are referring to?

http://www.supercat.com.ph/sched.asp

I did not see any schedule between Caticlan and Batangas.

Also, which month are you travelling?

clare,ireland
2. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

here is previous forum tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k512…

Hong Kong, China
3. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

Ya thanks for the link, I've checked that before i post but I just don't understand the difference of the class, I don't have any technical issue on buying the ticket online.

Hong Kong, China
4. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

Mousehunt, now supercat is part of 2go travel as I know. I am going in the middle of may.

Boracay Island...
reviews: 1
5. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

Just to elaborate a bit about the Caticlan-Batangas schedule and the past thread at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k512… that thread links to a web page at http://www.supercat.com.ph/sched.asp which shows scheduled trips from Batangas to Caticlan but shows no scheduled trips from Caticlan to Batangas.

My guess as a sometime website programmer is that when this route was added Batangas was already set up on the site as a port with departures and Caticlan was not, that it was simple to add scheduled trips to an already-set-up departure port. but that setting up a new departure port was too complicated to deal with.

Anyhow, I've got a ticket on the evening boat today. There's a 2go rep in the Caticlan Jetty Port (near the Ceres bus, I'm told) with paper schedules showing Caticlan departures for Batangas as follows:

Mon 8AM/7PM

Tue 8AM

Wed 8AM/7PM

Thu 7PM

Fri 8AM/7PM

Sat 8AM/7PM

Sun 8AM/7PM

Hong Kong, China
6. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

thanks first, I'll look into it a bit:D

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,161
7. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

boracaybill, would you be kind enough to post a Trip Report discussing patronage of the ferry, the fare you paid and its punctuality - its actual departure and arrival times compared with the timetabled (theoretical) version?

Some detail on how long your land trip took (if travelling to Metro Manila) would also be great.

I am trying to get a sense of how well this ferry is doing. Many thanks. It may well be a good alternative to being price gouged by Cebu Pacific ex Caticlan, as TA member sirenna routinely asserts occurs (and I think she is correct!)

Boracay Island...
8. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

I've been asked to do a review. Here is a quick report.

We were a family party of six adults. We boarded in Caticlan at about 7PM and departed about 8PM. The boat was very clean compared to most RP ferries I've been on. The toilets and urinals in the CRs worked throughout the trip and didn't overflow onto the CR floors (in my experience, that's an abnormality for ferries in the Philippines). I saw signs directing passengers to a shower room, but didn't look at it.

We were in the Aircon tourist dorm which, as is usual for aircon spaces in the Philippines, was freezing cold. Open-air bunks without aircon were also available (no doubt at lower prices. our aircon bunks were about P700 per bunk - I don't recall the exact price), and I would have been more comfortable there. Also available at higher prices were aircon "cabin" accommodations (4-6 bunks in a cabin, booked on a per-bunk basis, I'm told) and "stateroom" accommodations (a matrimonial bed, and perhaps also a bunk bed -- for families traveling together). There's a restaurant on board as well as a snack counter. I didn't sample the food, so can't comment. All the 2Go people I talked to were pleasant and helpful.

The seas were smooth and the trip was uneventful. We arrived in Batangas about 6:30 AM and took a separate (and separately priced at P137) 1.5-2 hour ride to Alabang, south of Manila) on an aircon Ceres bus.

Good value for money as far as my experience goes. A pleasant experience compared to the Ro-Ro trips I've taken -- worth the trouble of doing the Manila-Batangas leg on your own. I can't comment about reports that 2Go has arbitrarily cancelled trips in the past -- this first trip for me went off without a hitch.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,161
9. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

boracaybill, great report.

How many passengers appeared to be on the ferry? Was it crowded or not?

Boracay Island...
10. Re: About 2go ferry and Batangas

Further info, responding t0 Victorianlad -- There were probably a few hundred pax on board -- maybe 200 or 300 spread out over three decks. I'd say that it was less than 50% full.