We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Boracay Guide

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
My Boracay Guide

Has anyone booked hotels thru Myboracayguide.com? Is it legit? TIA!

86 replies to this topic
Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
235 reviews
51. Re: My Boracay Guide

@ Short half head...

I cannot find May 3 in the holiday list fr Philippines. Perhaps you mean May 1 (wed) - labor day?

Here is Malacanang's list of public holidays for 2013 -

www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php…

But yes - it is a good idea to pre-book and be prepared when we have holidays in the Phils. Here is the list....

Maundy Thursday March 28

Good Friday March 29

Araw ng Kagitingan April 9 (Tuesday)

Labor Day May 1 (Wednesday)

Independence Day June 12 (Wednesday)

National Heroes Day August 28 (Last Monday of August)

Bonifacio Day November 30 (Saturday)

Christmas Day December 25 (Wednesday)

Rizal Day December 30 (Monday) -

Special holidays....

Black Saturday March 30

Ninoy Aquino Day August 21 (Wednesday)

All Saints Day November 1 (Friday)

Additional Special Non- working Days November 2 (Saturday)

December 24 (Tuesday)

Last Day of the Year December 31 (Tuesday)

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
235 reviews
52. Re: My Boracay Guide

Of course, Eid Uk Adha will also be a holiday (date usually declared a week before)

53. Re: My Boracay Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, May 17, 2013

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
54. Re: My Boracay Guide

Darwin G.: advertising? It sounds like they are angels!!! MyBoracayGuide is giving the same service as Southwest Tours and Island Star Express.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
235 reviews
55. Re: My Boracay Guide

Honestly, imho , more hype has been made about getting from Kalibo to Boracay than it deserves.

It is easy to simply take a bus / minivan on arrival at Kalibo airport ---> boat --> trike in Boracay, on one's won. And yes, there are some companies that make it even easier, naturally for a fee.

It is only if you are arriving at night (or during peak season like Holy week) that questions need to be asked.

(In our case, we used Southwest while going and DIY boat - van while returning, and no - we did not book in advance)

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
56. Re: My Boracay Guide

By the way: there are now taxis at Kalibo airport. Two of them - brand-new Hyundais - called A-Taxi. Nice: we rented for 1,500 and drove in 1 hr and 15 min to Caticlan: soft, quiet, luxurious and for a good price!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
277 reviews
57. Re: My Boracay Guide

Davi,

Are they official taxis or it is run by some private entrepreneur?

58. Re: My Boracay Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, August 20, 2013

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
235 reviews
59. Re: My Boracay Guide

@ Daviboy

That sounds great! And if there are 2-4 people traveling, it ends up being almost the same price (cheaper?) than taking the bus / mini van.

Is it like a Vios taxi (5 seater) or one of the bigger ones with lots of leg space?

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
235 reviews
60. Re: My Boracay Guide

@ PI TX

Not sure of what you meant about bad experiences with my boracay guide (unless you just wanted an excuse to post your e-zine link - except that it seems mostly about Calbayog rather than Boracay - except for perhaps the travelling ezine bit where I lost my way!)

Cut I did get curious - the e-zine is nice and well laid out - typically expat experiences though ...rather than traveller - if you don't mind me sayign so.

Nice try :)

Reply to: My Boracay Guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted