We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waling or Friday?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 1
Waling or Friday?

Hi too all. I am tossing between Waling and Friday. Does anybody know how good are the rooms at Waling, are they clean or are they smelly? Its my first time to phils and I dont want to be turned of. Also I checked the rates on the net and Waling has pretty good packages (12520 peso for 3 nights including dinners lunches and breakys and other inclusions) but I am wondering if it would work out to be cheaper to book in Manila as we get there.Or if the rooms still be available 1 week prior to the date in Jan. ??????How quicky theses two resort get booked out around 10 Jan?Which hotel is more nicer and cleaner?

boracay
reviews: 12
1. Re: Waling or Friday?

Both of these places are nice. I have been inside the rooms at these resorts, and neither were at all smelly!

Australia
2. Re: Waling or Friday?

1 more question...the pics on Waling Waling website..are they real? how do I make sure I get one of those great rooms so nicely furnished?

Australia
3. Re: Waling or Friday?

Sirenna...how about the prices would it work out to be cheaper booking it directly in phils?

boracay
4. Re: Waling or Friday?

Not so sure about that one. With larger resorts you'll often get a better deal through an agent, but you could try calling them direct to find out.

Smaller resorts can offer great walk-in rates - much cheaper than the published prices. It really varies.

Santa Monica...
reviews: 14
5. Re: Waling or Friday?

i am going to boracay this january 2-4... and waling was booked solid. You may want to start calling and looking around....i had to settle for lesser hotels in the area.

i get the best deal using a local agent. But during this time it is really hard.

Waling waling is great, i stayed there 3 times already...the first was my honeymoon and i got the best corner suite...with kitchenette, dining and living room... the later visits, i just got the deluxe room in the first floor. the deluxe is obviously not as well furnished as the honeymoon suite.. but it is clean and basic...never did i find the rooms smelly.

It is a good value, esp if you get it with the meals since the food there is great...esp if you are there over the weekend since they seem to serve better food over the weekend. Fridays serve great food on Friday also...but friday is just a tad too far from the main strip....Waling is halfway there...its still a walk, but not bad...and the road is behind waling waling, so you can easily ask for a tricycle.

the only problem i had in waling waling is the weak water pressure...which i believe is common with all island hotels since water is very limited and they are trying to save it.

But i love the cabanas infront of waling... you can eat there and spend the entire lazy afternoon sipping on mango shake.

boracay
6. Re: Waling or Friday?

The cabanas are a nice touch.