We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea view

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philippines
sea view

please recommend to me a hotel which has a nice sea view preferably the type of view that can be seen when you stay at nami (alas, nami is fully-booked). my travel agent is recommending waling-waling and red coconut. in pictures i've seen and reviews i've read, the view of the sea at red coconut is obstructed by coconut trees. how about waling-waling? i'm also thinking of boracay regency.

boracay
reviews: 12
1. Re: sea view

I've been in the rooms at Red Coconut, and if you request a room on an upper floor, you'll get a good view. The coconut trees are not a problem. You won't get a view anywhere near as good as Nami's anywhere on the White Beach strip, as Nami is situated high up on a cliff. Personally I'm not keen on Regency - it is just too huge and concrete, and completely lacking in character. Fridays would be a good choice, as it opens up onto one of the best stretches of White Beach, is attractively designed and has a great restaurant. Other good options are Boracay Terraces, Pearl of Pacific, Waling Waling or True Home hotel (one of my favourites).

boracay
2. Re: sea view

Patio Pacific have soom rooms with good views, but you have to request them. Also, it is not directly on the beach front.

Saipan
3. Re: sea view

if you are going to Boracay this summer, many beach front hotels have their views blocked anyway with Bamboo curtains blocking the wiind and sand....that is why, you can save money by being just off the beach and have virtually the same view...Red Coconut has many rooms not with a beach view and there has been complaints about them (red coconut)...

Boracay, Philippines
4. Re: sea view

Cybcoun: since when has Boracay BAMBOO CURTAINS in SUMMER?

there are wind breakers but only during the monsoon season (habagat in local dialect) which is from July to September-October.

Were you thinking about Boracay when you wrote this or Saipan?

Get your acts together before you give wrong information.

Bangkok
5. Re: sea view

There goes Mastur, Mr superior, insulting someone else...why are you like this??? Bamboo curtains cybcoun said, wind breakers you said..both made of bamboo, what the heck is the difference..he said summer, you said july august etc..what is the difference..You spend too much time at happy hours, dont even know when summer is...There are wind breakers up and down the beach now, made of bamboo and other things, which also break views...Have another drink Mastur, if you cant be positive in your comments, I suggest...lets see Germany..great happy hours there. One piece of advice of all who read these forums, when someone tells you how long they have been on Boracay and keeps making a point of it....get your advice elsewhere in most cases.......those who been on Boracay a long time dont need to make their points by telling you how long been on boracay....and their views may be tainted, not true of all, but some....

Boracay, Philippines
6. Re: sea view

the difference is that summer in the Philippines is March to June! June onwards is monsoon season!

In Germany, summer is July/August. In Sheepsland, summer is December/January. and so on and so on. Do you get it now? I....am.....sorry.... papa Steinlager, I wont do it again!

I am off to Nigi Nigi now to have another one with Pepito (it is Happy Hours!!!).

Oh, by the way, you should be "gender correct" and not assume I am a Mr.

boracay
7. Re: sea view

Have to agree with this one. Most people associate Boracay's 'summer' with the high season and the best weather. Of course the summer season varies from country to country! There are no windbreakers during high season in Boracay.