We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

Which Bohol Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Drogheda, Ireland
reviews: 3
A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

Hey Guys, heading to the Philippines from Japan in June of this year. I know not the best time for the weather, but since I was going that far thought I might just extend my holiday that little bit further. I’m planning a 12-14 day trip, 4 or 5 of which I would like to spend on Bohol, before moving on to Dumaguete.

I will be travelling alone, I don’t have a Padi course, and have only done a small bit of diving and surfing. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of travelling around Bohol, and have any cool places to visit, day trips, or tours that they found. The Chocolate hills, Tarsiers, and Danao Adventure Park are all on the to do list, but how much am I missing?

I don’t think that the Philippines has the ‘hostel’ culture that Europe has, so where would you most likely find fellow backpacking adventures ?

Any help would be great, thanks guys.

Shane.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 71
1. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

The least expensive way to see all of the interior, such as chocolate hills, Tarsiers etc, is to rent a motorcycle for 300php per day.

Many people recommend Bohol travel Buddy for guided tours, which is also an option. For an exhaustive list of what else to see look at www.genesisdivers.com they have a great list of things to see, they are also a great dive shop to get certified should you choose

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 627
2. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

Bohol Travel Buddy are good for day tours and airport and ferry terminal pickups. Contact them to see if you can join any tours as generally they do private tours which may work out more expensive for a solo traveller like yourself.

Tommo

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
3. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

As for hostel culture, your best bet in Alona Beach is Chill Out Guesthouse. They have dorm.beds but this one is not on the beach but a 10-15 mins walk.

I would rent a bike as well. Cheaper. But it is good if they are now renting bikes for 300. They used to be more expensive. At least 500. Chocolate Hills and Danao.Park are near to each other. Also if you can, check Anda beach. A bit far out but has the best beach in Bohol.

You can also stay in NutsHuts but it is beside the river and not the beach.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 71
4. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

Sole,

you can get 125,s for 300php on alona beach, I personally always rent from Trudis place, which also is a great place to eat, and I hear the rooms are decent too. But for sure, in Tagbiliran and other places, they will try charge 500php

5. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, April 10, 2013
Negros Island...
Destination Expert
6. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

Hey I heard of Bottle House.

I have your calling card, I think.

Nina who used to be asst manager of LElephant Bleu referred your place to me.

But I was with a bunch of kids so I wasnt able to visit.

Against TA rules to advert your place tho. Sorry.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
7. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

PH,

Great. Trudi's part of the beach I dont really like tho. But cheap meals can be had. Not really a fan of their food but if on a budget...

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
reviews: 23
8. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

This is my list of things to do on Bohol

- Spend some time on a white sandy beach

- relax by the pool at your resort

- go whale and dolphin watching

- go diving or snorkelling

- visit a tarsier sanctuary

- visit a butterfly sanctuary,

- visit a wild life sanctuaries

- go on a fire fly tour

- have an adventure tour, including zip lining

- visit historical sites such as the Baclayon Church

- picnic at a waterfall,

- go swimming underground in the Hinagdanan cave

- have a lunch cruise on the Loboc river

- walk over the hanging bamboo bridges over the Loboc river

- visit the Chocolate hills

- visit the Bohol Bee Farm where you can see mats, clothes and knick knacks being made then eat a meal with edible flowers

- tour the province on a motorbike

- dance the night away at a disco in Tagbilaran City

For backpackers. look for them around Alona Beach

Drogheda, Ireland
reviews: 3
9. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

Alot of cool and interesting info in these messages guys, thanks for taking the time to help out. Do you reckon that 3-4 days here is enough, or should I try for longer?

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
10. Re: A few days on Bohol Island - any tips?

3-4 days is enough. The city tour can be done in half a day, usual route. Includes Chocolate Hills and Danao Park if need be.