We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

Which Bohol Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
reviews: 20
Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

What is the easiest way to get to Oslob (Tan-awan) from Panglao Island? Is there a boat I can rent/ferries to take to get me there direct from Panglao?

I will love to stay in Panglao Island for my short trip in Feb 2012 but Oslob is a must in this trip. Please advice, if there is no easy way to do this transfer, will Moalboal be a better alternative base?

12 replies to this topic
Butte
reviews: 35
1. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

Either catch the ferry to cebu, then take a bus down to oslob. Or take the boat to dumaguete, tricycle ride north to Sibulan, then catch boat over to Liloan, then bus up to oslob. Not sure how else you would do it, though maybe you could charter something from Tagbiliran

singapore
reviews: 20
2. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

what about panglao -- loon -- argao -- oslob? how does that compares to the dumaguete route?

I cant seem to find any easy way to travel this route. Is there any tour that goes to pnaglao to oslob?

3. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, February 21, 2012

clare,ireland
4. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

if u hope to get any customer -better to fix website

Manila
5. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

Hello..we're planning to go to Sumilon before going to Bohol. Is there any alternative route going to Bohol from Oslob?. Thank you>

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
6. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

I think you have to charter a boat if you want to go straight fr Panglao to Bohol.

Otherwise, best option would be to Dumaguete. It takes only 1.5 hours and the trip fr Dumaguete to Oslob is minimal. Maybe 100+. And if timing goes right, you will be in the whales shark area in 1.5 hours.

I am not familiar with other routes fr Bohol. Maybe somebody can help.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
7. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

Liza,

Fr Sumilon, take the bus down to Liloan...ferry to Sibulan and tricycle to Dumaguete then Oceanjet to Bohol. It is easy, fairly fast and cheap fr Sumilon to Dumaguete.

Panglao Island...
8. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

yes there is..

reviews: 7
9. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

I would also like to find out if you can get direct ferry/boat access from Panglao to Oslob. I have heard you can do private transfers. Can anyone give me any advice on this? I would prefer to stay at panglao for four days and spend one day traveling doing the whale sharks and Tumalog Falls rather than finding accom in oslob or its surrounds.

Clarkston...
reviews: 8
10. Re: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated

@Jodie...There are several ways. I know a couple of them. There are no ferries to Oslob. I don't believe there is a direct ferry from Tagbilaran to southern Cebu island, either. So...

1. Charter one of the boats anchored near the beach.

2. Take the ferry of your choice (I prefer the fast catamarans) from Tagbilaran to Dumaguete, then...

a. catch a tricycle or cab to Sibulan ferry terminal. Catch a ferry, probably to Liloan. Another tricycle to the main highway. Then a jeepney or Ceres Liner to Oslob. I've done a similar reverse trip from Moalboal to Dumaguete. Don't worry about getting lost, the locals are always willing to guide a foreigner.

b. (easiest) catch a tricycle or cab to the Ceres Liner terminal in Dumaguete. Then catch a bus (either aircon or not) to Cebu. You have to pay for the ferry across the strait, but otherwise, you are on the same bus all the way.

I think it will take at least three hours, most likely more.

Reply to: Panglao to Oslob - advice appreciated
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted