We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Camarines Sur

asia
reviews: 61
Things to do in Camarines Sur

We will be going to CamSur for 5 days. From there, how and how long to get to Donsol (to dive with the Butandings) or to Caramoan?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 52
1. Re: Things to do in Camarines Sur

Caramoan is a backpacker's haven.

From Naga City, you can take a bus ride to the Sabang Port. From the Sabang Port, it is a 2 hour boat ride to Caramoan. From Caramoan, you can take a tricycle ride to Gota beach (~15-30 mins).

At Gota Beach, you can opt to set up tents or rent tents there. We visited the place in 2007 when it was deserted and just recovering from the last big typhoon and there was nowhere to stay but the small bamboo huts set up by the beach. Now, after Survivor-France, there are a lot of places to stay but I don't think none situated really near the beach area.

Lucky you, just by googling Caramoan, there are already a lot of helpful sites.

From Gota beach, you can hire a boat which will take you island hopping.

Is it worth it to go there? YES. The place is truly pristine and breathtaking. The underwater view is equally amazing. Even the long tricycle ride was amazing because of the rustic environs. Make sure to bring water and keep your camera fully charged!

Is it safe? It was just me and my female friend on that deserted beach sleeping in that open bamboo hut and nothing happened except I was ravaged by ants the next morning. So, I'd say relatively safe.

Is it expensive? Since we opted to go gung-ho, we barely paid for anything except for the boat rental and cheap meals. There are now a lot of hotels and resorts in the area which you can check online for prices.

Have fun :)

asia
reviews: 61
2. Re: Things to do in Camarines Sur

wow! Sounds like soo much fun! Thanks for the helpful info.

Anyone who can help with how we can go to donsol from camsur? Thanks!!!

Mandaluyong...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Things to do in Camarines Sur

Hi-

I'm going to Cam Sur in a few days (on Friday, August 21)...I need help with how much we need to spend on the boat rental when we go island hopping. We don't plan to stay overnight because we'll be based in Naga. So i just want to know how much we're gonna shell out for the boat rental because there's only 3 of us.

Thanks!

4. Re: Things to do in Camarines Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 13, 2010