We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Obtaining Puerto Princesa Underground River Permit

Which Puerto Princesa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paranque
reviews: 10
Obtaining Puerto Princesa Underground River Permit

Hi. anyone knows if it is difficult to obtain PP Underground River Permit. I read once that since it became one of the 7 wonders of nature the tour (the permit) is at least 2 weeks booked. Appreciate help. Thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
1. Re: Obtaining Puerto Princesa Underground River Permit

True, you need at least 2 weeks for normal processing, so you need to know someone in PPC to get the permits for you. Mind that queues are long before asking a friend to do this. If you dont know anyone, best bet is ask your accomodation provider or tour agency to get it for you in advance of your trip. These agencies know how the system "works" and can get the permit at shorter time periods (may still need at least 1 week).

Durban...
reviews: 38
2. Re: Obtaining Puerto Princesa Underground River Permit

I agree with post# 1... Take the hassle out by asking your hotel to book it for you..

I didn't understand the need for hiring multiple admin people to do a one man job. When I was at the Sabang office -- there was 3 people behind the desk. One is checking the ID, 2nd person stamps the paper and 3rd one signs it.. Then you go to the waiting area (before you board the banca) --- where another 3 admin people awaits to check the paper, double check the paper then take the boat/environmental fee..

It seems like Palawan is serious about job creation..

Paranque
reviews: 10
3. Re: Obtaining Puerto Princesa Underground River Permit

Wow..considering that UGR is one of the 7 wonders of nature, the government(?) should take into consideration having tourist from all around the world to visit the attraction. I can't believe that it would too much of a hassle, and expensive for local people (Filipinos) to visit. Now I'm thinking twice about going. Anyway, thanks for the help guys!

4. Re: Obtaining Puerto Princesa Underground River Permit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 22, 2013