We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to Palawan in October 2007

Which Puerto Princesa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
going to Palawan in October 2007

My husband and I are going to Palawan with our daughter in October for 5 nights.

We want to stay somewhere that is quite cheap but close to a good beach. We really want to spend our time just relaxing and seeing a couple of sights.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could give us ANY advice (as we have never been to Palawan) and roughly how much money we should have with us for this period of time.

Thank you!

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 8
1. Re: going to Palawan in October 2007

I suggest you try Coron and its surrounding islands or El Nido.

Going to Coron, take a flight from Manila to Busuanga via Asian Spirit (www.asianspirit.com) or Seair airlines.

Going to El Nido take the Manila-Puerto Princesa flight or Manila-El Nido direct flight via Seair (www.flyseair.com).

Just bring enough cash, $250 excluding airfare. Anyway prices are not that expensive there.

I hope that will help. Thanks.

makati
reviews: 17
2. Re: going to Palawan in October 2007

Hi Maria,

Check out the websites of the following resorts : Club Paradise, El Nido and Club Noah . These are in the Northenr part and a little pricey at first but consider that the rates are mostly full board meals and includes lots of activities it won't be so bad. These resorts are really superb.

Puerto Princesa, futher south is a more affordable area. You may stay in the city . Check out Cebu Pacific Air for some fun tours rate ( air ticket plus hotel) your hotel can then help you book tours to island hopping in Honda Bay, Underground River etc. Or stay in Dos Palmas , an island resort in Honda Bay.

It is also interesting to note that Puerto Princesa has a lot of Vietnamese refugees from the 70's and 80's thus good Vietnamese food is available.

Enjoy

qc
reviews: 6
3. Re: going to Palawan in October 2007

Let me share with you our fantastic trip to coron..:)

Me and My hubby...

Day 1 oct 25 Thursday

Manila-Coron 4pm via Negros Navigation

Day 2 Oct 26 Friday 6am arrived to coron town.

P 30 tricycle fare going to town..LM &P lodge.

1000 for food budget for 3 days in the island..fish, crab, water, rice etc..:

10am we then proceed to island Big Boat with manong gomer, leroy, fred and april to assists us in the island..boat capacity is 20 pax! really big! We visit banol beach..entrance of 100/head. We only stayed there for 10 minutes..for picture taking since its just a small beach..waters are clear..rock formations were fantastic..just that..the tagbanuas are kinda 'masungit" but the locals told me..its just normal for them.. :)

Too bad it rained! So we go to malcapuya isla where we will stay for 3 days and 2 nights.

As we approach malcapuya island...the beach is amazingly wonderful! away form the usual boracay..:) Malcapuya island completes our vacation..as a tourist hungry for a nice, powdery white beach and most of all...it's private sand our lunch? Adobo alimango, 3 big fish inihaw, rice, Banana..buco juice..:)

All day swimming..snorkeling, boating!

We actually rented the whole place..since they only have 1 house and the rest were gazebo cottages..but would you believe we chose to sleep at the gazebo in front of the beach! :) Extravagant Breathtaking view...

Our dinner? Grilled big squid, inihaw fish, rice..

sound sleep..the only thing you will hear are chirping birds, the monkeys..the wind and the sea...

Day 3 oct 27 saturday

I woke up early..around 6am..the beach is quiet..the wind blows silently..and fresh air!

our breakfast? yellow rice, fried squid, dinaeng fish, adobo kangkong,coffee!

We went to lapu2 pen..the caretaker tour us around the island, there you will find, mini sandbar..seaweeds farm..beautiful corals, school of fish. The island is good for eveything..fishing, boating,snorkeling, swimming!

Our lunch? i bought a lapu2 (original) about 500g for only P200. I have it steamed and sauteed a coconut sauce with sitao on top..yummy! We grilled liempo and eggplant..toyo and calamansi with sili for our "sawsawan"

After a sumptuous meal, we visit two islands.. cheron and en lapaen...

Cheron island have a sand bar.. you can also find a house and a kubo on top of the hill to view islands of coron..not so fine sand but the still nice..i don't like it for swimming..good for picture taking..:)

En lapaen island is nice too but we didn't stay that long because its low tide. There's a part of the island where you can swim..

We went back to malcapuya island for fishing! We only got 3 fish for dinner but very yummy! we have it fried..we also have inihaw liempo, 1 big as in big fish, the lapu2 with coconut sauce. We asked april and fred to join us for dinner..we have some bottles of San mig lights too

Again..It was a perfect day. :)

Day 4 Oct 28 sunday

Our hearty big breakfast? Yellow rice ala april, adobo clam(taklobo),sauteed sea urchin, shells, sinigang tuna..what a meal to start a day!

We still have time for snorkeling and swimming....mang ute, the caretaker tour us again for another spot for nice corals and fish..

It's 11 am..It's sad that we are about to leave a paradise..but we'll definitely go back this summer!

On our way for our coron tour..we visit Ditaytayan island..among all the islands that we visited,,this one is my favorite spot next to malcapuya..not so fine white sand..a large part of the island good fr swimming..its sand bar is of different art..we plan to stay here for a day when we go back..We pass banana island..for me its doesn't appeal much maybe because malcapuya is far more better for me..we also pass malaroyroy island..it also have a sand bar..its has 3 little island where you can walk one to another..

Next stop is twin lagoon! towering limestone cliff, rock formations were incredible! I was amazed to see them, its good in pictures but its best seen by your own eyes..we went swimming! mixed of cold and warm water! Spectacular! we had our lunch in the boat..2 big grilled fish! and sinigang tuna!

Unfortunately we were not able to visit siete pecados, shipwreck,kayangan and barracuda because it rained.."malamok" so we then resorted to go back to the lodge.. we hiked mount tapias..really tiring but wonderful experience and then proceed to maquinit hot spring..we paid 200 for the tricycle and 100/head for the entrance. Its also a nice spot but going there, you will pass a rough road..be sure to get a driver who can manage well the road..at that time..im a little scared..the barrio run out of electricity so it was really dark..

We change clothes and packed our things for our way back to manila via superferry 1045 pm.

Of course..we had our dinner to the popular coron bistro! :) a bit pricey but Yummy!

Overall, I love this trip..i love coron..the beach..the lake..the limestone..the people here..we'll be back..

Some tips : Bring your own snorkel,goggles, aqua shoes, aqua pac for cameras..extra battery..smart sim because when you're in the island the only signal is smart..

To all people in the forum who posted their fantastic trip to coron, I wanna thank you for all the info that you share with me..More power!

you can email me at greyzie25@yahoo.com for info

4. Re: going to Palawan in October 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 12, 2009