We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

Which El Nido hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 8
Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with island hopping all the way from El Nido to Coron (or vice versa). I have found one company that does it, but I was wondering if there are any other options available, or whether it is something that I could easily organise once I am there..? Any help would be so much appreciated, thanks guys :)

London, United...
reviews: 15
11. Re: Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

I've just come back after 3 weeks in Palawan.

I did 3 nights in Coron, followed by the Tao trip and then 3 nights in El Nido.

All come highly recommended. I loved the Malcapuya/Banana Island tour in Coron, which was a lovely first glimpse of paradise.

The Tao Expedition was fantastic from beginning to end. Everything, from the food, to the people to the stunning scenery should not be missed. I was a bit worried that El Nido would be a bit of a let down afterwards, but the limestone scenery was different to anything I'd previously seen. We organised our own boat and did a combination of Tours A and C. It was rushed, but the lagoons and having lunch on a beach opposite Matinloc was brilliant. We were an hour behind all the other tours, meaning that when we arrived everyone else left, so we got all the attractions to ourselves. I wish I had another day in El Nido to be honest.

All three areas are different enough to be unmissable if you have the time, but Tao will always be my number one recommendation. It's just the complete package.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 8
12. Re: Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

Thanks for your reply Coops & Pcuk.. Unfortunately however Tao are booked for the period of our stay. El Nido is amazing isn't it..?! We've been before, but loved it so much that we're going back..! This time however we also plan to spend a week in Coron. If anyone could give me a heads up on the best area to stay, that would be great. We've also been trying to look into staying at Banana / Malcapuya Island.. If anyone knows how to go about doing this, that would also be helpful & much appreciated..! Thanks again .. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 625
13. Re: Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

Bookings for Malcapuya Island can be made at:

malcapuyaisland@yahoo.com

Tommo

Edited: 8:40 pm, March 18, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 625
14. Re: Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

And Banana Island can be contacted via Facebook:

facebook.com/pages/…176944151596

Tommo

London
reviews: 1
15. Re: Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

Hi everyone,

I appreciate everyone's opinion on the area and especially that you've just been!! I didn't realise that Coron was a place to spend time in as well - we were thinking of doing 3 nights on Boracay to get white sandy beaches, but are now thinking that we should go to Malcapuya Island instead?

Any thoughts on Boracay??

Whether we go to Boracay or not, we can't spend more than 2 nights in Coron, it's just how the dates of the Tao boat trip and our flights work out unfortunately,

Thanks!

Sunnyvale...
reviews: 20
16. Re: Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

Boracay is a much different experience than Palawan. Boracay is CROWDED and very touristy. Lots more modern amenities, brand name shops, restaurants etc. Not necessarily bad, just different.

All the Islands around El Nido have wonderful white sand beaches as well. its not just Boracay

17. Re: Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 24, 2014