We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Correction: Entalula Cottages

Which El Nido hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton
reviews: 43
Correction: Entalula Cottages

Has anyone stayed at this property? It looks very nice, but I could do with some advice on how to go about booking it. Is it a significant disadvantage being based in El Nido town versus Miniloc Island? How easy is it to book private boat tours from El Nido town and how much should I expect to pay for a full day tour? Is there anyway of getting to El Nido town other than flying to Puerto Princessa and taking the bus?

London, United...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Correction: Entalula Cottages

Hi

I stayed at Entalula Beach Cottages a few weeks ago. It does look very nice and I found it was very good value compared to what fellow travellers were paying at more basic resorts. Rooms are very clean, nice and modern decor, including modern bathrooms (shower only wet room), no hot water, no telephone or tv and little storage i.e. no wardrobes. I would recommend the cabannas, they are beach front, have large bathrooms, high ceilings and bigger beds so bedroom not so roomy but they come with mosquito nets (rooms upstairs don't) and there is no difference in price.

Booking can be done by email: info@entalula.com

Only strange thing about this place is the owner's family also live here so you often find family members in the reception area which also has a lounge area, dining room and kitchen which seems for family use. This didn't bother us, just a little odd when you come back at night to find someone sleeping on the couch.

Tours in El Nido town are very easy to book. Entalula can book them for you but we booked with the tour company in the shop accross the road: Islanen Tours - great team. Full day tours A, B, C and D cost from PHP500 to PHP650 each which usually includes BBQ lunch on beach. There are lots of other activities you can do in El Nido including mountain climbing, kiaking, cycling, etc.

I also spent a few nights in Miniloc Island at the end of our trip in El Nido.

To experience El Nido fully, I would recommend spending a few days in town first, do tours B and C and any other activities or visit other islands that are not around Miniloc and Lagen islands and dine in the selection of restaruants and bars in town. Everything is cheap in town and there is great cuisine to be had especially at Squidos.

If your booking at Miniloc inlcudes land and water activities various tours and activities are included as part of the package including tours A, D, visits to Lagen Island resort and other private islands owned by El Nido Resorts i.e. Dabulan and Entalula Beaches. You tailor make your itinierary when you arrive.

Note, everything is expensive at Miniloc i.e. double to triple the price for drinks, souveniers, toiletries etc of what you would pay for in town. Full board for meals excluding drinks cost PHP2500 per person per day.

There are direct flights from Manila to El Nido (expensive) but I think they have just changed the schedules and Seair are not flying there during low season.

If you are going to Coron, you can take a boat (approx 6-8 hours) to El Nido for around PHP2000 per person.

2. Re: Correction: Entalula Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 12, 2011