We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coron, El Nido or other?

Geelong, Australia
reviews: 1
Coron, El Nido or other?

I am planning a trip to Palawan in May/June and can't decide where to stay. I'm keen on snorkelling off the beach for fish, turtles etc, a clean beach, possibility of some local shopping etc, and hubby wants good hotel/resort and massages. We pretty much want to stay put, so which wuld be best destination? I'd appreciate your advice, thanks.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 71
1. Re: Coron, El Nido or other?

What is your budget?

Coron has no beaches in town at all, and El Nido,s beach is only OK.

For island hopping , snorkeling and visiting beautiful beaches, Coron is better in my Opinion, for restaurants and a better town atmosphere, then El Nido is a little better.

If you intend to stay at a nice resort, with a decent beach, you may well have to consider one of Corons outlying islands or someplace just outside coron like Balinsasayaw resort. Same with El Nido.

Depends what your real preferences are

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,161
2. Re: Coron, El Nido or other?

I have only been to Coron of the above two.

It has terrific offshore islands. Hiring a bangka costs about P1500 a day: great value.

You could choose to stay on a smaller island such as Sangat island, Chindonan Island or quite a few others. Look up 'Coron' or 'Palawan' on TA for full details: use the radio button at left when searching accommodation to ensure that you examine the three (not two) categories TA uses to classify lodgings.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 627
3. Re: Coron, El Nido or other?

Are you looking for a quiet place or a touristy place to stay?

Tommo

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
reviews: 41
4. Re: Coron, El Nido or other?

I would recommend one of the island resorts off Coron. You'll get everything except the shopping. A number of them have a house reef where you can snorkel straight off the beach.

My husband and I stated at Coral Bay Resort. We loved it but it is fairly basic - there are more upmarket options as well if you have the budget.

5. Re: Coron, El Nido or other?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 25, 2014