We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any itinerary suggestions :)

Wales
any itinerary suggestions :)

I want to have a trip to the following :)

City Tour

Honda Bay - Island Hopping

Underground River

Dos Palmas

Estrella Falls

Arena Island

I'll be grateful for any information form you lot about the location/travel/time/good/bad of the said places... :)

Im planning to stay within Puerto Princesa. Probably, Tropical Sun Inn/Lola Itang's/ or Puerto Pension.... Thanks !!!

PS

Which is which? Itinerary or Package Tours

Feel free to send me PM :)

California
reviews: 2
1. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

These are my suggestions in order to make the most of everyday.

Honda Bay-Island Hopping is a must. Get started early morning so that you can be back in the city in time to view some of the city sites, Bakers Hill, Butterfly Garden and Mitras Ranch. Depending on what time you get back, you may choose to go to the Crocodile Farm instead of these other city sites and just try to sqeeze them in when you have a chance.

Underground River is also a must. This tour begins with a 2 and 1/2 hour drive just to get to where you will catch a boat that will take you to the entrance to the river where you will take another boat that actually takes you into the river. This tour really is an all day trip, but you will still be able to stop at the Vietnamese Village, since it's on the way back into the city.

Dos Palmas day tour is just that, an all day Tour on the island.

Estrella Falls is another must see and for me can be combined with Iwahig Penal Colony/Balsahan Falls. This tour also is a 2 hour ride outside the city, well worth it!

I'm sorry but I've never been to Arena island.

Hope you enjoy :)

San Francisco...
2. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

Hi Kaechi,

I visited Palawan presently and had a great time. We had 4 days or so and we decided to spend it in Sabang. Sabang is the closest town to the Under Ground River. Well calling it a town is a stretch, it is more like a village along the water and at a foot hills of a gorgeous mountain.

There is so much information I could give you but let me just run down some pointers and tips and if you want more information on anythings don't hesitate to ask.

* Don't spend too much time in Puerta Princessa. All of the beauty of the palawan that I have seen was away from the city.

* Ones you fly into Puerta Princessa you can take a tricycle to the buss terminal and than take a Jipney with the locals to one of the coastal towns. We chose Sabang because it is not as far as some of the other towns thus takes less time to get to and it is right next to the under ground river we also heard good things about it.

* Sabang was PERFECT. Our cottage was right on the beach. It was exotic. And it was incredibly cheap. I would suggest staying at least one or two nights here. You can actually hike to the under ground river from Sabang. It is a short hike through jungle with well marked trails. Do not miss this hike! You can take a boat back but it is so much more satisfying to hike in. We saw monkeys, huge lizards (eguanas?), gorgeous butterflies.

*For the under ground river you can ask the guide to take you further in than they generally do. We payed ours a little extra and he took us several more miles deeper into the cave than the general tour.

*While in Sabang you will likely will be greeted by Elmer who is the local guide. He was very nice and helpful and always made us feel welcome. HE gets payed just to give information to tourists so he is a good resource.

*I don't recommend going to the Lion Cave. It was nothing spectacular and smelled like bat poo. But if ya never seen a cave I guess it is kinda cool.

*You can hike down the beach in the opposite direction from the under ground river and see a little water fall that is private enough to have a romantic moment.

*One thing that you can do from Sabang is hike into the jungle with a guide and see the native people of Palawan. We have not done this but this sounds absolutely amazing. One of the restaurant owners in Sabang gives scholarships to the kids of the native people and provides them with a job and education.

*Food was great. Make sure to get garlic fried rice and lots of grilled fish. I noticed the best way to order food is not by whats on the menu because most of the time they don't have everything so just ask what they do have and you can even ask to look at the fish and pick your favorite to cook.

*In sabang we stayed at the very last property on the beach. The owner was nice and even let me ride his dirt bike.

*We did the island hopping. One tip here is wear a hat and sunscreen. I got so badly sunburned on that day that I still have marks on my skin 6 month later.

*We used Lonley Planet travel guide on philipines to find lots of good info and i was all correct and great help. Highly recommend it.

Let me know if any of this caught your eye, I would be glad to provide more information and pictures.

Wales
3. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

WOW igor_at_work,

you definitely provided me loads of information! Great to here from you :) I'll check on stuffs and more hehehe! Where did you stay at Sabang???

Wales
4. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

Thank you bankalolos .... !

San Francisco...
5. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

Kaechi,

I am glad to be of help. I know how challenging it can be to plan a trip in such a remote place.

The place we stayed in Sabang was called "Mary's Cottages". It is located at the very end of the beach on the opposite end of town from Sari-Sari Stores. So from where the jipney stops just walk down the beach till the last set of cottages.

Here is the link to the reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294255-d319567…

-Igor

Wales
6. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

Igor... :)

Do you have email adressess from people at Mary's cottages? I don't mind their contact numbers but since I'm currently out of the coutry... it would be inefficient to make long distance calls... hehehe

Do I have to book in advance?

Cheers again mate!

-kaEchI-

San Francisco...
7. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

I do not have their contact numbers however if it is availability you are worried about it if Marry's is full there are many other cottages along the beach. When we went there we did not call ahead of time and there was plenty of cottages available when we got there. But we went during off season (June) so it may be busier during the peek season.

Wales
8. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

Super thank you igor!

Last question ... hopefully!

Room rates? hehehe

San Francisco...
9. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

Kaechi,

It was really really inexpensive. If I recall correctly we payed around 450 pesos per night.

-Igor

10. Re: any itinerary suggestions :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 15, 2009