We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Galera in September

Which Puerto Galera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 6
Puerto Galera in September

Hello Everyone!

My wife and I will be going to Puerto Galera in September.

Does anyone know answers to the following questions:

1. What will the weather be like? I know it's rainy season, but how rainy?? All day everyday, or just for a couple of hours everyday? Or rainy some days, clear the next.....

2. Is it high, low, or medium season? Is it ok to just look for a room when we arrive?

3. Are ther any atms?

Thanks everyone!!

Matt

Essex UK
1. Re: Puerto Galera in September

Hi Matt

I'm hoping to Purto Galera in September. It is coming to the end of the rainy season. I have a partner in Batangas and she says it is still raining at the moment but also long spells of sunshine.

I've been there a couple of times this year and can not remember seeing any ATM's but there are money changing kiosks and some of the hotels also exchange money in Sabang anyway. For what it all costa I just pay the hotel on credit card and take cash for other spending.

We have never booked a hotel or room, just looked for one once we arrived. In June we spent 2 days at White Beach and then hired a banca to Sabang and stayed there for 3 days.

Enjoy your trip

UK
reviews: 6
2. Re: Puerto Galera in September

Thanks a lot for the info!

Enjoy your trip too!

Matt

Alberta
3. Re: Puerto Galera in September

it is the start of the peak season , but you will love it there have fun oh if you are looking for a nice place to stay look here thehotel-california.com you will love it there

London
4. Re: Puerto Galera in September

Hi Matt,

I grew up from San Teodoro , a town near Puerto Galera and here's my answers to your questions:

1. Weather : It will be raining for hours then will be sunny there after. Mind you, there might be typhoon but not as strong as in August. Puerto Galera normally enjoys good sunshine despite of having rains in some parts of Mindoro. I don't know why but that the reality I have accepted.

2. It is low season. You could really ..really ..really find a good bargain for your room. Make tawad as we locals call it. Look for rooms when you get there...

3. There are no atm's . The AtM are available in Calapan, which is sometimes off line...You can pay using credit cards in some establishment but generally cash is mainly use.

5. Re: Puerto Galera in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 24, 2009