We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Week Plan

Manchester
2 Week Plan

HI all, me and my wife will be going to Japan for 2 weeks in April. It'll be our first time in the country.

We land in Tokyo on Sunday April 20th and leave on Saturday May 3rd.

My brief plan for our time there is this:

19th - Fly

20th - land morning -Tokyo

21st - Tokyo

22nd - Tokyo

23rd - Tokyo

24th - Train (hikari 09:30) - Kyoto

25th - Kyoto

26th - Kyoto (night) - daytrip to Nara

27th - Kyoto

28th - Kyoto (night) - daytrip to Kobe

29th - Hiroshima + Miyajima (ryokan overnight)

30th - Day in hiroshima/Kyoto or back to Tokyo

1st - Tokyo

2nd - Tokyo

3rd - Fly

We'll have the JR pass from the 24th for 7 days - I wrestled with this and ideally I would have it for 8 days, but as that's not an option I decided to cut a day in Kyoto and travel back to Tokyo a day earlier to save on the fiar and make the most of the JR pass.

The reason we're going is that I've wanted to go for as long as I can remember (I'm a huge Japanese media culture fan - games/anime/manga etc) so our time in Tokyo will be taken up travelling to various Otaku shrines. And I slipped a trip to Kobe in as I couldn't resist the chance to taste the famous beef on its home soil.

Are there any glaring errors or missed-tricks that anyone can spot with my proposed plan. We've already got the flights so that can't be cahnged, but I'm open to suggestions for anything in between.

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 61
1. Re: 2 Week Plan

I think it's a good itinerary with enough time in each city. Just a thought... you really don't have to travel all the way to Kobe to taste Kobe beef. You can do it easily in Kyoto or Tokyo. But if you want to make a trip to enjoy Chinatown and other attractions in Kobe, it will be a good idea as a day trip.

Manchester
2. Re: 2 Week Plan

Well I'd like to see Kobe as a place and from Kyoto it looks to be a pretty easy journey. There's something about having Kobe beef in Kobe though that really appeals to the meat-lover in me.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
3. Re: 2 Week Plan

Your trip looks fine as is. I do recommend spending the late afternoon to evening of your Nara day at Osaka's Namba and Dotonbori.

4. Re: 2 Week Plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 07, 2014