We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kawaguchiko to Kyoto by overnight bus

Which Japan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Kawaguchiko to Kyoto by overnight bus

Hi!

I am trying to get to Kyoto from Kawaguchiko / Mt. Fuji. So far I have found this company to be pretty good.

Fujikyu Bus Group: …fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettinghere/04.html

Get on the bus in Kawaguchiko at about 9:52 pm, and arrive at 6 am.

Has anyone ever done this before?

Also, I am leaving 1.5 weeks, how do I make a reservation for this seats / tickets (do I have to go through a travel agency)? (only contact info is for telephone)

Thanks!

Kris

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 87
1. Re: Kawaguchiko to Kyoto by overnight bus

It's 20:52 and 8:52PM at Kawaguchiko, not 9:52PM. When a Japanese bus timetable writes 8:52PM, it will come at 8:52PM (unless something happens on the way).

I haven't taken the bus on this route, but the company is reliable and the bus is probably 3-row seater (although I heard that they would be introducing a cheaper 4-row seater for those departing from Osaka between July and November). The person on the phone should understand basic English so if you can speak slowly word by word without heavy accentuation you might try phoning. Travel agencies in USA do the same, I think.

Los Angeles...
2. Re: Kawaguchiko to Kyoto by overnight bus

Ah! Yeah, I meant 8:52PM haha

Thanks for the quick response!

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 87
3. Re: Kawaguchiko to Kyoto by overnight bus

Have a nice trip.

4. Re: Kawaguchiko to Kyoto by overnight bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 30, 2013