We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
reviews: 17
Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

My friend and I are going to the Yogyakarta area for five days. We wanted to do some day trips and we're going to hire a driver to take us around. These places aren't exactly near one another so I'm trying to pick a place that's fairly central and we don't have to bounce from hotel to hotel. I've put together an itinerary with a few questions and would really appreciate it if you could tell me if we're on the right path. If there's another area that you recommend to stay in, please let me know.

Thanks so much!

SEPTEMBER 18th 2014

- Pick up from airport.

- Lunch at riverside restaurant nearby Prambanan temple

- Prambanan temple for sunset

- Stay at hotel near Prambanan temple.

SEPTEMBER 19th 2014 - How far will the hotel in Prambanan be from Jomblang Cave?

- Jomblang Cave - What is the best time to go to the caves? I've heard no later than 10am. Then someone else said the best light was from 11am-1pm.

- Pindul Cave tubing

- Go back to Prambanan Hotel for dinner

- See Ramayana Ballet

SEPTEMBER 20th 2014

- Sambisari temple

- Mount Merapi tour - Kaliadem (you will hire adventure jeep there)

- Mendut temple

- Borobudur temple

- Check in to hotel in Magelang - Borobudur is an hour from our hotel

SEPTEMBER 21st and 22nd - Hanging out at our resort and relax

Edited: 1:39 pm, July 09, 2014
8 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
reviews: 53
1. Re: Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

Hi,

for 18-20 Sept, it's better to stay at the city center. Prambanan is only 45 minutes away from the city. I suggest that you group all the Prambanan activities on day 1 (temple & Ramayana ballet), then Jomblang & Pindul cave on day 2. For 20 Sept, you can stay in hotel or villa around Borobudur. It depends on your budget, but the best place would be Amanjiwo near Borobudur.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 5
2. Re: Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

Stay in the city. It's not that far to Prambanan, 30 minutes depending on the traffic/ day.

Day 1: relax - Kraton and Batik.

Day 2: morning - ? ?

middle of the day

Go to Sambisari temple on your way to Prambanan then watch the Ramayana ballet in the evening. There's an information room at the Sambisari temple. I found this very interesting.

Day 2 or 3: Morning

On another day go to Borobudur temple, then Merapi tour. Take a jeep tour.

Visit the Merapi museum.

There's also a private museum at kaliurang of Javanese culture/ royal families. It's interesting and there are English speaking guides. However, the tour of the museum is too brief and filled with facts that you'll probably not remember. I know I won't go again because of this fact. You also can't take photos there.

Not sure you would have time to fit in the Mendut temple too.

Day 2 or 3:

Sorry, I can't help you with the caves and tubing.

Charlotte, North...
3. Re: Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

Thanks so much for the advice! It's much appreciated.

Yogyakarta...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

Hi,

For Jomblang Cave tour, you can start at 8.30 AM if you stay in Yogya city. you can reach Jomblang location on around 10.00 AM. Preparing and rappeling down will takes 30 minutes.

So, you will get the ray of light in the bottom of Jomblang cave around 11.00 - 1 PM.

Have a pleasant journey

Yogyakarta...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

Hi,

For Jomblang Cave tour, you can start at 8.30 AM if you stay in Yogya city. you can reach Jomblang location on around 10.00 AM. Preparing and rappeling down will takes 30 minutes.

So, you will get the ray of light in the bottom of Jomblang cave around 11.00 - 1 PM.

Have a pleasant journey

Charlotte, North...
6. Re: Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

Thank you!

Jakarta, Jakarta...
reviews: 38
7. Re: Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

You may try to visit candi sari. It is on the way from jogjakarta to prambanan. Or visit plaosan. Just behind prambanan temple. If you have time. Dont go to temple at noon.... it is very hot. Go to temple early or after 3PM

8. Re: Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, September 07, 2014

Reply to: Please help. Need advice on Yogyakarta Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted