My friend and I are going to the Yogyakarta area for five days. We wanted to do some day trips and we're going to hire a driver to take us around. These places aren't exactly near one another so I'm trying to pick a place that's fairly central and we don't have to bounce from hotel to hotel. I've put together an itinerary with a few questions and would really appreciate it if you could tell me if we're on the right path. If there's another area that you recommend to stay in, please let me know.
Thanks so much!
SEPTEMBER 18th 2014
- Pick up from airport.
- Lunch at riverside restaurant nearby Prambanan temple
- Prambanan temple for sunset
- Stay at hotel near Prambanan temple.
SEPTEMBER 19th 2014 - How far will the hotel in Prambanan be from Jomblang Cave?
- Jomblang Cave - What is the best time to go to the caves? I've heard no later than 10am. Then someone else said the best light was from 11am-1pm.
- Pindul Cave tubing
- Go back to Prambanan Hotel for dinner
- See Ramayana Ballet
SEPTEMBER 20th 2014
- Sambisari temple
- Mount Merapi tour - Kaliadem (you will hire adventure jeep there)
- Mendut temple
- Borobudur temple
- Check in to hotel in Magelang - Borobudur is an hour from our hotel
SEPTEMBER 21st and 22nd - Hanging out at our resort and relaxEdited: 1:39 pm, July 09, 2014