We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which train station to get down in Yogyakarta?

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Which train station to get down in Yogyakarta?

I am planning to take a train from Surabaya Gubeng station to Yogyakarta on a Saturday.

Assuming that I will book a hotel in Yogyakarta in the common tourist area, which Yogyakarta station should I get down at?

The train ticket booking website (https://tiket.kereta-api.co.id/) shows 5 stations for Yogyakarta:

Brambanan

Lempuyangan

Sentolo

Wates

Yogyakarta

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
reviews: 53
1. Re: Which train station to get down in Yogyakarta?

Hi,

It's "Yogyakarta" train station.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Which train station to get down in Yogyakarta?

Thanks radjaff! I'm arriving at Yogyakarta train station at 9PM or midnight depending on the train I take from Surabaya.

Is is safe and easy to get a taxi from train station to my hotel (in Malioboro or Prawirotman)? How much fare should I expect to pay late at night?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
reviews: 53
3. Re: Which train station to get down in Yogyakarta?

Malioboro is right outside the train station. If you bring luggage, you can take becak instead of taxi. Prawirotaman is further south, around 5 km from the station. There's no night surcharge for taxi, but the driver will most likely ask for a fix price instead of using meter. With meter I think it should be less than IDR 30,000 to Prawirotaman.

4. Re: Which train station to get down in Yogyakarta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 15, 2014