We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions...

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
Few questions...

Sorry, a few questions... I'll be in Yogya for 3 full days early Jan...

On the first day I arrive, I'll be hiring a driver for an afternoon trip to Prambanan - just wondering what are the temples I must see around the area? Hire a guide whilst there? Is there any other place I should visit whilst enroute from Yogya or back?

On the 2nd day, I'm doing a full day tour to Borobudur and Dieng plateau - the driver has suggested stopping at a town called Wonosobo for lunch. Would that town offer cheap but not touristy food options? Any suggestions for a restaurant?!

And on my last day, I want to base myself at Yogya, so far I have Kraton and Taman Sari and shopping at Malioboro St. Have I missed out on anything here?

Suggestions for places to eat at Yogya? For my last night I have booked dinner at the Sawah...

Would appreciate any help at all!! Thank you!!

Yogyakarta...
reviews: 34
11. Re: Few questions...

hmmm,,,walking distance (in malioboro area) , agree with sakarama ...you can try gudeg yu djum , there is one in jalan dagen , a small street across the mall malioboro

or Legian restaurant next to the mall.. and many more you can find on sosrowijayan street (backpack area)

and for breakfast, we dont do american or english breakfast, one of the typical local breakfast is Soto ayam , you can find it across Tugu train station called Soto pak gareng

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 60
12. Re: Few questions...

I would recommend to go futher south to Wijilan area, near Kraton (the palace), for gudeg centre. We tried gudeg 'Bu Hardjanto' just beside Yu Djum's. The restaurant is nice and the food is good. I think it is more proper for foreigners. In Malioboro I think is only in the Mall.

Yogyakarta...
13. Re: Few questions...

happy holiday..

14. Re: Few questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:03 am, January 16, 2013
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 78
15. Re: Few questions...

As suggested Prambanan, Ratu Boko together, and Plaosan if possible. (I missed that because of my clock watching driver.) Prambanan was really crowded over the Christmas holidays so it took awhile to get around.

Where to eat in Malioboro? I tried doing that one night and it's all batik stores, ended up at Hotel Ibis. Plaza Ambarrukmo as suggested is a good place with a number of fast food and sit down restaurants, with a mix of Indo and Chinese, plus western of course. I found that it's pretty much the same at the Galleria Mall.

A recommendation from my driver is Tojoyo, for the ayam kampung (free range?), (spiced, deep fried chicken), and you can take out. It's front of the big cinema on Sumoharjo (?). You might want to buy as many pieces because they're on the scrawny side but very yummy.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 79
16. Re: Few questions...

post#12 - herman j, please be advised (and warned since you can't pull putting ads off on TA forums!) that self-promotion is not allowed!!!

17. Re: Few questions...

Hi genie

U should try to eat at kopi joss angkringan it's jogja traditional food very near from malioboro st.

18. Re: Few questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 11, 2014