We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
romania
reviews: 1
New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

Hi there,

I`ll be in Yogyakarta for New Years Eve and I was wondering if there is any good/the best place to watch the fireworks. If there are fireworks, of course!

Thanks,

Veve

Singapore
reviews: 76
1. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

there is no fireworks as far as i know.

romania
2. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

Thanks, Crazy_Dharma, I`lll survive this NYE without fireworks.

Yogyakarta...
3. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

I am also in yogyakarta for Christmas and New Years and have been wondering what would be good to do. Shame if there are no fireworks!

4. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:07 am, December 07, 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 77
5. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

Dear saras s,

You've just crossing the line!!! Self-promotion or solicitation for your company: LOSARI T&T (tour and travel, right?) IS NOT ALLOWED on TA forums!!!

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

sorry for the late reply

yes, there is no official fireworks NYE party like in Sydney Harbor Bridge or New York Time Square.

Sometimes there was some concerts in NYE in Yogyakarta with fireworks. They were great,but not spectacular.

But,there are a lot of spots where people will gather and shot their own fireworks.

They are more more spectacular in my opinion because we can participate in making the fireworks.

You can buy your own fireworks, something like this :

…photobucket.com/albums/…IMG_8188.jpg

and yes,they will produce the same fireworks that you see in fireworks party in NYE in other big cities.

Last year when I was in Yogya, I bought 150k Rupiah (15 USD) worth of fireworks.

I got 3 really bigh stick with 10 shoot of fireworks each. I held it by hand. It was scary at first but actually it was all right

Buy the fireworks in fireworks store if you don't want to bargain and haggle.

You can see from the videos below how great the fireworks were in Yogyakarta.

I think it was in Malioboro somewhere :

www.youtube.com/watch…

Both of the video below were taken around Tugu Yogya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz8hsLS0q2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHFuAwGlMks

it was in malioboro as well,in the junction where the post office/BNI building and Gedung Agung are located

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxgHvFAaVZU

I think it is the best spot to see fireworks in Yogya

it was in alun alun utara :

…antarafoto.com/gpr/1199133752/malam-tahun-b…

As I said before, those fireworks were created by the people who watched it, and you can do it too! It was a great experience from me to be able to participate in making the fireworks.

Another option is to go somewhere higher in Yogyakarta to enjoy fireworks across Yogyakarta, like Kaliurang, Bukit Bintang Pathuk (Pathuk Hill).

Edited: 10:13 pm, December 11, 2012
romania
7. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

Thanks Sakararama for your kind reply.

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

no worries.

just make sure to arrive on your preferred spot early because there will be a massive traffic jam in the centre of Yogya from 23.00 to 01.00.

don't ever try to use car around this time, there will be motorbikes everywhere that make car rendered useless

Kuala Lumpur...
9. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

Hello hi...

From my travel agen guide, in yogyakarta firework will be starts personally. you can join, you just buy the firework and starts in the same time. the spot in all road yogyakarta, jl Solo - urip sumoharjo and malioboro area i think. and you must expend more time for the trafic jam,,, or if you want more advice maybe you can ask to my agen, PM me if you want the contact..

happy holiday

10. Re: New Years Eve in Yogyakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 16, 2013