We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare & weather in Jogja at end June

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Taxi fare & weather in Jogja at end June

Hi there,

I'm planning to visit Jogja in last week of June, is it still in raining season ? (Sorry to ask this but I realize that rainfall chart no longer that accurate nowadays)

How much if i were to take a taxi

1. from airport to Monahara hotel ? (Hotel quoted me 300k which i find it too expensive) An hour car ride i suppose ?

2. from Malioboro to Prambanan ? Half an hour car ride ? Will it be difficult to get one back to Malioboro after watching the ballet that finishes at 2130 ?

Thanks

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 79
1. Re: Taxi fare & weather in Jogja at end June

Hi olyrrah,

The weather is still predicted to have occasional intense rain over the next few days. You can always check the weather prediction through the internet or from Indonesian Meteorological and Climatological Organization website http://www.bmg.go.id/depan.bmkg (In Bahasa Indonesia only).

As for taxi, you can go to taxi counter at the airport and pay according to the rates there (not sure how much if using coupon). But if you want to use metered taxi, you need to walk outside airport and hail one from the street.

From Malioboro to Prambanan is around half an hour (depending on traffic). If you can't find any taxi, just take the TransJogja buses. Take one with 'A' suffix from Prambanan Bus Terminus to Maliboro. Rp3000 per person per ride.

Alternatively, you can catch the similar ballet show at Purawisata which is located not far from the Palace.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Taxi fare & weather in Jogja at end June

Thanks for the infor, cirque. Will keep an eye on the latest weather update, hopefully won't go too bad during my stay ... going in 1 week time actually.

As for the ride to manohara hotel i'll check out the rates the counter has to offer.

Anyone taken a taxi from malioboro to manohara before ? Any idea how much roughly does it cost ?

3. Re: Taxi fare & weather in Jogja at end June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 18, 2010