We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
reviews: 9
Questions

Hi~!

I am planning on going to Jog in July and here is my schedule. Will be there for 5d/4n. Not planning on doing much on the 1st day of arrival . Below is the tour plan for day 2 & 3 was wondering is there any other way of seeing merapi volcano without having to climb?

Initially he suggested trekking but i decline and they proposed the following in order to see the volcano wondering if there is any other alternative?

Day 2: Borobudur temple, Mendut temple, Sultan Palace, Water castle, Vredeburg, Lunch at local Restaurant, Prambanan temple. Back to hotel

Day 3: tour star at 08.00 to visit :

Kaliurang resort – claim up to Plawangan, back to Jogkarta for lunch at local restaurant, then drive to Kasongan village and Parang Tritis beach to see sun set. Back to your hitel Phoenix

Also am thinking of going to the local markets for souveniers on the 3rd day are the cabs there okay or is it better to get a tour guide package?

Any suggestions on good eat outs for dinner? Hope to hear from you guys soon :) Thanks~!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 77
1. Re: Questions

Hi blueweedee,

Seems like you've contacted the travel agent and you just copy whatever you got from them (hence the funny and weird wording).

To see Merapi means that you need to be at the foot of Merapi. Of course you need to do trekking to get closer, staying at the foot of Merapi means nothing and there is no other alternative. However, you can see the mountain in distance (but that does not categorized as seeing Merapi).

Mind you that Day 2 tour will be going a full-day tour but covering major sightseeing points in Yogyakarta.

Since there is already a travel agent that arrange your itinerary, I think you just need to leave it all to them.

Since you're staying at Hotel Phoenix, you can go to Jalan malioboro for souvenirs (walking distance) or pasar Beringharjo. Take andong (horse carriage) or becak (trishaw) as an alternative to walking.

Java, Indonesia
reviews: 4
2. Re: Questions

My favorite place to eat in Jogjakarta is actually in Kota Gede. Its called the Sekar Kedaton. Eat there if you are visiting the silver artisans of Kota Gede.

The restaurant is decorated with lovely antiques, very atmospheric, delicious food and is not expensive. After dinner, ask to browse through their rooms upstairs which they rent out for USD 50. Best USD 50 rooms in Indonesia I have ever seen. LOL

Closer to you is Gajah Wong. Quite good food, popular with tourist and locals alike, but a tad overrated in my books.

Malaysia
3. Re: Questions

Hi Cirque,

hahaha ya I just copied and paste what was given by the tour agency... didnt notice the funny characters when I submitted the post

thanks for the info looks like i dont have much of a choice but to climb :| ya was thinking the day 2 plan was a bit packed as well....

still planning in progress so changes can be made.... thanks for the help :)

Malaysia
4. Re: Questions

Hi Craneboywill,

Great! will definitely try out the place that you recommended since I dont have anything planned for dinners :) thanks

Cheers~!

5. Re: Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, November 24, 2010