We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

Hi I'll be going to Yogyakarta end of this year for 5days 4nights. (2 persons) (30th Nov - 4th Dec 2009)

Any suggestions for the itinerary? I'm on a budget travel though. Intend to visit Bromo also.Looked around in the forums/google but can't seem to get any info on how to go there and come back to Yogyakarta. :(

I heard that there are drivers, but howmuch do they cost?

Are taxi's /buses around the area expensive? I mean to get to areas like Borobudur,Prambanan etc..

1st time to Indonesia

Thanks alot~!

Malaysia
reviews: 46
1. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

Hi liang

goto this site for more info

http://www.indonesia-tourism.com/yogyakarta/

Cheers

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
2. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

Hi, Youliang.

Yogya is an amazing city and area! If you’re up for historical tourism and sightseeing, I would recommend the following.

Temples (Candi):

Borobudur temple – an absolute must

Prambanan temple – an absolute must

Plaosan Temple (the Twin temples)

Optional – many other temples, like Mendut, Pawon, Tara, Kalasan, Sari. Each has its own charm, but it’s pretty tough to visit them all.

Palaces and castles:

Tamansari (Water Castle) – an absolute must, I’ve enjoyed this one greatly!

Ratu-Boko Palace – an archeological site

Kraton Ngayogyakarta (The Sultan's Palace) – I wasn’t very much fascinated with this one, but still believe it should be visited, esp. if you have 5 days to spend anyway. Also, there’s a gamelan playing on the territory of Kraton and a traditional shadow puppet show performing

Puro Pakualaman – lovely palace, also used as a reception residence for foreign delegations

The Dutch fortress complex of The Gedung Agung (Loji Kebon, President Palace), Benteng Vredeburg, Loji Kecil, Loji Setan etc

Mataram complex and Royal Cemetery in Kotagede or Imogiri Royal Cemetery

Optional – Mosques:

Kauman Jamae Mosque (in Kauman village)

Kotagede Mosque – the oldest Mosque in Yogya

Other options and activities:

Trekking Merapi Mountain with volcano – amazing, but you’ve got to start very early, as it’s hard to climb the slopes in the sun

Listening to Gamelan – an incredible music, a must for true connoisseurs. Javanese gamelan differs greatly from what you can hear, say, in Bali

Watching shadow puppet show (in Java it’s called Wayang Kulit) – the full performance may appear difficult to watch, especially to those unfamiliar with Hindu epics, but at least you can have an idea of this lovely art

Visiting University – an option, but I really loved the place

Looking into batik and other crafts (precious metals etc) – Yogya is famous for its unique traditional batik techniques

Wandering in the local market (Pasar) – nice experience. You can try, for example, Ngasem bird market or Pasar Klithikan or just any Pasar in the nearby

Shopping at Malioboro Street

For more options you can also take a look here http://www.yogyes.com/en/

3. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:49 am, September 17, 2009
Malaysia
4. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

Hi but I dont think there will be enough time for Bali as my flight back would be from Yogyakarta as well.. (booked wrongly already).

How long does it take to travel from yogya to Bromo? How do I get transport for that?

5. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:00 pm, June 21, 2009
Malaysia
6. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

Looks great. but can I get back to Yogyakarta from Bromo?

7. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

Removed on: 12:00 pm, June 21, 2009
8. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

Removed on: 9:49 am, September 17, 2009
Malaysia
9. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

ermm.. looks like i cant travel alone but i neeed tour guides if im in indonesia?

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
10. Re: 5days 4nights Yogya itinerary needed. =)

Not necessarily. Certainly, in some places I was told that the entrance is allowed with an official guide only (well, people need to earn money, that's clear) – I wouldn’t mind anyway somebody telling me what was it all about. But the overall route I planned and conducted myself. Go ahead, if you’re up to it.