We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to Yojga

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma city, OK
reviews: 9
travel to Yojga

I was considering coming to Yogja as a leg of an Asian trip in late December-early January.

Questions: what are the must dos for a four day timeframe?

I have seen good reviews on Grand Mercure. Do you feel this is a good choice, or are there others that have advantages?

Is it easy to arrange trips to Borobudor, Prambunam, or cultural events such as wayang performances, or is it better to arrange details before hand?

How/where to shop for nice (though not necessarily expensive) batik?

Scams or places to avoid (I am fairly well travelled in area, but never to Indonesia)?

How much to budget?

Thanks for any answers.

Jogjakarta
11. Re: travel to Yojga

Hi Richray.

When you get here.. you are free to give me a call should you need any help. I Am not a guide, but i am javanesee, born and live in Jogjakarta. So I believe i know almost everything about my own city...

my wife and i' ve been working at foreign company for the past 9 years..so we got familiar with foreign culture and taste. i could give you suggestion where to dine... where u can find good hideaway places, where you can buy batik puppet, or to take a one day Indonesian food cooking course..

you can see my profile at friendster. my email add is agni_pratama@yahoo.com my mobile is +62 818 272737

You can also see www.trulyjogja.com, or www.yogyes.com, or www.gudeg.net to see more about jogja..

cheers.

Seattle, USA
reviews: 118
12. Re: travel to Yojga

Richray,

DEFINITELY visit Jojga. My wife and I have travelled the world and think Yogyakarta and the central/eastern Java area to be the most beautiful and enjoyable areas there is. Normally we are free spirits who travel w/o guides but we find it so nice to hire a guide and driver to tour in java. It frees us to see and enjoy and not worry about driving and route finding --- both of which are difficult. You can see small villages, mountainous areas, beautiful agricultural areas, see antique shops, art studios. I can't wait until our return trip in late October.

Singapore, Singapore
13. Re: travel to Yojga

If you like boutique hotel... or a more local-taste hotel... you may check these :

www.rumahmertua.com

www.jvidusun.co.id

www.thecangkringanjogja.com

Batik is already cheap in Yogya, compared to other cities. But you may try Solo, only one hour drive from Yogya. Anyhow, bargaining skills is the most important :-)

14. Re: travel to Yojga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, September 08, 2009