We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to live in Jakarta near airport

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tallinn, Estonia
Where to live in Jakarta near airport

Hi guys! I have done some research, but now I am even more confused.

I would like your suggestions where to live in Jakarta close to CGK airport (low crime rate and decent area). Preferably apartment where gym/pool would be close.

Thank you all for your time reading and answering! :)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
1. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

Hello Estonia,

1/ first of all why do you intend to live near airport??? what`s the purpose?

2/ <<low crime rate and decent area)>>

Strange request.....unless you`ve read smth particularly unpleasant about JKT recently or watched too much CNN. Actually we never operate with concept HIGH or LOW crime rate, we discuss * areas to avoid*. About nice area.... it`s hardly ANYTHING near airport. The best areas to live/ stay in JKT are : Senayan, SCBD, welcome Monument, Sudirman, Rasuna Said, Kemang, Kelapa Gading, Pondok Indah, Gandaria ( if it does not rain...LOL).

Tallinn, Estonia
2. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

Thank you for your answer.

1/ My fiancee is going to work in airport, so I thought it would be reasonable to live close to airport. Seems that is not good idea :)

2/ Sorry for my choice of words. I meant safe area to live :)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
3. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

That`s OK...... and YES indeed, if you plan to be a JKT resident you`d better find a place/ apartment downtown, rather than in outskirts and near airport. Safe enough all the areas i mention in the post above. The actual safety is determined by the security systems, surveillance, guards professionalism etc. Each decent place in JKT has its own security system, guarded perimeter, secure entrance for vehicles etc. The prices for rent in JKT is not cheap, by the way...............

Jakarta
Destination Expert
4. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

And... for every day travel to the airport... looking for apartment in Tomang makes GOOD sense.

Tallinn, Estonia
5. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

Thank you again. :)

Altough google maps seems not to find all above mentioned places. I'll try to sort it out :)

I don't want to take advantage of your kindness neither trash this theme, but since you seem to be expert I would like to know how much approximately does cost renting a 1 bedroom apartment in those areas. Nothing luxury, just average :)

I really appreciate if you could answer. :)

6. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

Hi jane,

I sugest you stay at puri garden apartement near from mall puri and 10 munite from airport CGK, apartement puri have swiming pool and gym free

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 77
7. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

Puri Indah area is a nice place to live, but still 1 hour away from airport and could get worse during traffic jam (up to 3 hours).

The best option is to stay in Tangerang City which is also around 30mins drive to airport. Many airline crews even stay in new satellite town in Serpong area. There are few choices of apartments and more are being developed.

Anyway, relocation-related matter is NOT travel related topic and should not be discussed on travel forum.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
8. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

Frankly speaking TA does not support relocation matter and long term rental questions...........

But so far as the topic is not spotted and voted out:

the << 1 bedroom apartment in those areas. Nothing luxury, just average>> may cost you 400-700 USD/ month.

here are some places to get the picture:

jakarta.sublet.com

jakartahouseandapartmentforrent.com

www.jakarta-apartment.net

www.apartment-jakarta.com

Edited: 1:51 am, November 15, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
9. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

i recommend Millennium Hotel Sirih..very nice hotel near airport.They away have promotion to offer you and family.

take a look the link as the below.

www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumjakarta/

…hoteltrip.com/hotel/10030014-11355951O.html

orbitz.com/hotel/…

Jakarta
reviews: 9
10. Re: Where to live in Jakarta near airport

Hi,

if you want to stay near the airport, Tangerang and Serpong may be your best bet. They're very close to airport. If you want safer place then you should consider Serpong (BSD City). It's quieter than Jakarta but the city is growing. If you look for an apartment, you should check kinariweb.com. It's located in BSD City. It doesn't have private pool or gym. But, there's well-known gym in the mall near the apartment. I hope it helps you.