We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Food & Shopping

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malacca
reviews: 4
Local Food & Shopping

Hi ! Good Evening, Am coming over to Jakarta this last week of November for a few rounds of golf.Apart from that i do have a craving for Indonesian food and i guess shopping inclusive of Indonesian Batik.Will be staying at Best Western Mangga Dua.From this location how do i get to the local restaurents, shopping area's. and spa. Is Mangga Dua the right location?

Grateful for reply.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 80
1. Re: Local Food & Shopping

<<Best Western Mangga Dua.>>

Hello, malaccaBoy!!

1/ Staying in BW Mangga Dua all shopping in the are will be at your doorstep. Almost across the road you`ll have Le Grandeur Hotel Mangga Dua that is interconnected ( via air passage) with ITC Mangga Dua, Pasar Pagi Mangga Dua, Mall Mangga Dua and PLza Arion.

2/ Local food???? Mall Mangga Dua has some local restos and food court. For upscale Indonesian restaurants like Bengawan Solo or Oasis you have to take a taxi and have a ride.

malacca
2. Re: Local Food & Shopping

Hi Schonefeld, Thanks for your reply and advise.If i have a choice of golf and the Indonesian food..... i'll head right on the fooood ! Have a good weekend and thanks again.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
3. Re: Local Food & Shopping

you`re welcome.

Travel safely and enjoy your tine ( and golfing) in JKT............

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Local Food & Shopping

In addition, if you love seafood, the seafood chain (We caled it kaki-lima) across Mangga Dua is worth to try, anyway.

malacca
5. Re: Local Food & Shopping

Hi Lycheegirl,Thanks for your input.Will pay that seafood joint a visit,thanks for your advice..appreciated !

Sri Kembangan...
reviews: 39
6. Re: Local Food & Shopping

Hi,

will be staying in Bidakara hotel for a conference and this is my first visit to Jakarta. Are there any shopping centres near by? thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
7. Re: Local Food & Shopping

ipah133,

WE do not appreciate hijacking the other people`s thread. In order to have your question answered, PLEASE START YOUR OWN TOPIC.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
8. Re: Local Food & Shopping

malaccaBoy,

SPECIAL WARNING: one of my friends recently got hepatitis B after eating exactly in kaki-lima. Their level of food hygiene/ cooking is just appalling.

malacca
9. Re: Local Food & Shopping

Hi Schonefeld ,Thanks for the input.... will give "kaki-lima a miss.Thanks again.Regards.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
10. Re: Local Food & Shopping

you`re welcome, malaccaBoy. Glad you took note. A timely warning can be a life-savior sometimes..................