We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 98
Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

I was wondering if someone could give their feedback about the above 3 hotels, in terms of amenties (pool, restaurants, etc) and their location relative to being able to take a taxi to areas of nightllife? I know the Le Meridien is fairly centrally located, but I was curious about the other two hotels. Thanks.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 77
1. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Star Rating

Le Meridien is 5-star (but it relatively has low Starwood's Preferred Guest point redemption) whilst others are 4-star.

Le Meridien is between office blocks of Sudirman Street. I'd say the location is hardly attracts leisure travelers.

Citadines Jakarta Quartier is smacked in touristy area of Jalan Sabang, highly recommended area to stay for first timers.

Alila is at (the back side) of presidential palace, close to Pasar Baru shopping (for local shoes and textiles), Pecenongan food street (food stalls by the street), and (I'd say unfortunately) to rather seedy nightlife area of Mangga Besar).

Hotel itself

Le Meridien is old and the rooms are slightly dated (hence reflects in low redemption point for starwood members)

Alila is just regular hotel; nothing to shout about (it is among the design hotel) but nothing particularly stands out.

Citadines is the newest among the 3, but room size might be smaller than standard apartment-hotel type.

Other alternatives

Ascott Jakarta is a good option if you have budget for Le Meridien but wish to stay in bigger space than Citadines. (Ascott and Citadines belong to the same group but target different market).

fX Suites Sudirman by Harris is another apartment converted into hotel (rather smallish) but close to Plaza Senayan (there is also a club in there)

Verdict

out of the three, I'd give my vote for Citadines Jakarta Quartier.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
2. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Your purpose of visit please, and intended locations ( venues) to attend. The hotel recommendation ( due to the daily traffic maddness) HUGELY depends on these two factors.

I am not asking for your budget/ room/ night as it is clearly sufficient for the nice hotel accommodation.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Out of mentioned three I would pick none, and advice you to have a look at Crowne Plaza Jakarta.

NY
3. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Thanks for the replies. My budget would be $75 US a night, all inclusive, but may be willing to go up to $100 for a truly nice property. Among the clubs I would like to possibly go to, would be Red Square, Blowfish, DragonFly, and others of the same ilk. Thanks.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
4. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Cj`s

Bats

Kamasutra

Blowfish

Tiga Puluh

All first class clubs in JKT central district.

And you did not answer about your purpose of visit??????

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
5. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Then you can rule out Alila in this case. Le Meridien or fX Suites Sudirman by Harris is a better choice in regards to the bar venues you mentioned above

Regensburg, Germany
reviews: 8
6. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

we stayed at citadines just 4 weeks ago - starting our holiday from Jakarta.

Citadines is a nice hotel and I would recommend it highly!

The lobby and poolarea is quite stylish, staff was very friendly.

We had a standard apartment which was okay. Breakfast was included and there was a great choice and nice atmosphere.

The price is good (we paid around $75/night/ incl. breakfast) -

so you can`t do anything wrong!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
7. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Hi GabyfromGermany,

then you definitely should spend some time to leave your review on the hotel page tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294229-d184575… Cheers

NY
8. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Purpose of my visit is simply to experience Jakarta for 4 nights. I do want to eat the foods available, go out at night, and maybe spend a little time in some malls. Thanks.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
9. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Oh, that.............. ( hardly a frequent case in our shallow water, but still.....)

In this case Crowne Plaza wins hands down.

Due to location, transport convenience, rooms, facilities, shopping/ entertaining options nearby.

NY
10. Re: Citadines vs Alila Jakarta vs Le Meridien

Thank you fo following up. I will look into the Crowne Plaza.