We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jakarta New Years Day/Night

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, England
reviews: 13
Jakarta New Years Day/Night

Alright lads!

I loved Jakarta so much when i visted in July that i booked again this time with my girlfriend. I land at 2pm new years day and i'm staying in the Shangri-La for 3 nights then heading to the Gilis and Bali. I was wondering if much happens on new years day or if you have any recommendations?

We'll be in the air for new year so wouldn't mind celebrating it when we land. I went to the stadium nightclub a couple of times last time and was thinking of going again later on in the evening but if you have any other suggestions i'd appreciate it.

Cheers!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Jakarta
reviews: 79
21. Re: Jakarta New Years Day/Night

If you don't mind to squeeze with locals watching music concerts and (potentially) watch/feel something anarchy, then it's a good place to be on new year's eve (other than that, you can watch it on TV)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 80
22. Re: Jakarta New Years Day/Night

I guess the majority of Jakartians feel the same about wandering around the city at night time and being in the tight crowded places. But some of our 15 mil population of the city just manage to avoid the generally sane idea......... well...... I am with Cirque opt for TV session.

23. Re: Jakarta New Years Day/Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 24, 2010