We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip bornéo

Toulouse, France
reviews: 12
trip bornéo

we would like to go to Bornéo (Kalimatan) in may-june ...;but we are not sure if it's the good period for the climate.we would like to have rain all days long .if somebody know something about that please,give me advices.thank you;

Brisbane
reviews: 21
1. Re: trip bornéo

Let me read this right: "we would like to have rain all days long"? Here's some answers to your questions:

- Kalimantan's climate 23 - 31°C

- High annual precipitation about 300 mm per year, lower than other parts of Indonesia

- Light rainy season March - May

- Intense rainy season between November - January

Hope this helps!

Toulouse, France
reviews: 12
2. Re: trip bornéo

thank you for your answer .excuse me ,i made a mistake /my question was " what is the best period to go to Bornéo" without rain ! i know the climate is warm and rainy all year long but do you think in may (half may and the biginning of june) it's correct ?no rain all day long? thank you .

Brisbane
reviews: 21
3. Re: trip bornéo

You're welcome, it seems it will still be rainy season even until the end of May. Although beginning of June you should see the dry season come in full force, but expect a few showers here and there.

Denpasar, Indonesia
4. Re: trip bornéo

Hello..

I live in Central Kalimantan, precisely in Kumai-Pangkalan Bun. Maybe this time supposed still rainy season, but the fact had not often rain again. Now it is almost two weeks of no rain.

5. Re: trip bornéo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 27, 2015