We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lone traveller to Borneo

reviews: 1
Lone traveller to Borneo

I am thinking of heading to Borneo for 7-10day in December on my way back from the UK to New Zealand and was wondering if anyone had any advice around tour companies because I will be going on my own.I have had a wee look around but not finding 100% what im looking for. I am really interested in the diving in the islands and also and Orangutans at Sepilok, and if possible would love to do a longhouse stay. Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Terrigal, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 90
1. Re: Lone traveller to Borneo

hi

did the same. the tour companies and guides that were recommended seemed to be asking for a lot of money. so i'm going on my own in august and doing mahakan river (houseboats/wildlife/dayak) and kutai NP (orangutangs) and maybe Derawan (snorkel). from what I've researched it seems that it is doable and a lot less expensive. if you want i'll let you know how it went when I get back in September.

Pontianak, Indonesia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Lone traveller to Borneo

Hi, diving and orang utan? So, you better go to kalimantan (borneo) . To see orang utan go to pangkalan bun then fly to ketapang (cheap and small plane) , driving to sukadana for 1-2 hours ( a small beautiful city with a lot of beachs and islands), rent a speedboat from sukadana to karimata islands where you can dive. It is gonna be an easy trip.

Regards,

Rachel.

3. Re: Lone traveller to Borneo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 19, 2014