We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

San Francisco...
reviews: 7
6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

We're just back from one month trip to Indo last week. We spent 7 days in Bali. We decided to stay at Bali Padma for the whole time we were in Bali.

(Find my other hotels reviews in Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya and Singapore in related forums).

Bali Padma has a distinctive atmosphere. A huge typical Bali style lobby with thatch roof and one-of-a kind artwork statue, spreaded all over the hotel area.

The first 2 nites we were upgraded from superior (located out front of the hotel - too far from beach and pool) to Deluxe Chalet. We booked 2 interconnecting rooms (twins and king). The rooms were nice. Clean and had nice amenities. The rooms were spacious, enough for adding one extra twin bed without being cramped in. We liked the decent size of patio with seating.

The bathrooms were all in good order, good toiletries. My husband and I looooved the shower. With a natural sunlight (though we were on the ground floor), and an art carved wall (Balinese's flower) as a focal point, roomy. The indoor-with-outdoor-feeling shower was our favorite.

The staffs were very warmth and helpful, especially the housekeeping. It didn't take ages to get them at your door. The receptionists staffs were average. They were straightforward to business and lacked of Bali's warmness signature, that you could even found anywhere in the island.

The pool was okay. The main pool was big enough. Water was a bit too cold for me. :-) Maybe the weather was mostly cloudy for several days we were there.

The kids pool was square boring. My tots liked the small fountains in kids pool. But, they liked the big pool better.

On the 3rd night, we got another upgrade to Garden Deluxe, after we requested to get chalets that closer to the pool. Hauling 2 toddlers, with all floaties and its friends twice a day at least from our former chalets that located right next to the outside security check point was a pain (not to mention the Padma street noise!)

The new chalets that we moved in, were strategic located. Right across from the drugstore. Everything seemed to be fine, until we found the bathroom in the twins room had leaked on the floor and got a sewer smell came out from somewhere in the bathroom. Very unpleasant. Called the housekeeping, they sprayed air freshener in the bathroom. Lasted for only a couple of hours, and we were too tired of moving around. So we stick with the chalets, and use the other bathroom instead.

We love the hotel's spa. We had Balinese massage, twice!

it was soo relaxing, and always went too fast! You know what I mean. ;-)

Location of this hotel is very strategic. Right on the beach, though we had to cross a private small road to go to the beach. Not a problem at all. Legian beach was as beautiful as it always be. The beach hawkers didn't bother us that much. Once we said, No, thank you. They left us alone for next time we were on the beach.

There were many eating places, deli, convenient stores and spas around the hotel. Shopping is just around the corner, literally.

It was fabolous!

p.s. thanks to Advantours that had been very accomodating our travel needs.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 8
1. Re: 6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

Sounds like you had a great time. I love the Legian/Seminyak area best as it is so convenient to everything. I have friends who live and work nearby which is a reason I stay there also. I often travel alone so it's great.

Thanks for the report.

San Francisco...
2. Re: 6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

Catalyst,

we did have a great time there, and always hard to leave Bali. :-)

As you said, Seminyak is the happening place.

SOmething that my husband and I noticed was the number of motorcycles. Motorcycles were everywhere, and even went on a wrong direction.

Strolling on the main street (Legian-Kerobokan) was very nice, too. Lots of nice shops and cute knick-knacks. Only the pollution from vehicle exhumes was worse than the last time we were there about 4 years ago. Made the stroll less enjoyable. I felt like smoked bacon.

:-)

Also, the sidewalk was very poor. My husband tripped and almost broke his arm. Please be careful for everyone who accustomed with a good quality of sidewalk, as we do here in California. :-)

India
reviews: 4
3. Re: 6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

Hi! Indogal, Great to know you had a great trip. Happy for you. After a lot of researching, I seem to have found the right person to get some advice from. The reason is that I am planning a 9 day holiday to Singapore & Bali at the end of October. I will be accompanying my parents. I was thinking of doing 2-3 days in Singapore and maybe 4-5 days in Bali. What would you suggest as an intinerary? Should we do Singapore first? How many days do you think would be enough. My parents are 65 years young:-) They would like to do the botanical gardens etc., and have a relaxed lesiurely holiday. What i mean is that I dont wish to make it a hectice run around. I was also debating extending my trip by 2 days and maybe adding in Hong Kong for 3 nights, BUT would prefer Bali + Singapore if HK will be an overkill. Would greatly appreciate any guidance. Thanks

San Francisco...
4. Re: 6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

Hi Sameerb,

I sure ain't an expert.. there are many Bali expert in this forum. But I would be glad to share my trip experience with you. :-)

My husband and I traveled with our kids (1.5 & 3 yr old) and my over-70s yr old mom, and limited our activities to half day. So, it was almost the same as your trip situation.

There's always not enough time to spend in Bali. :-) I would say 5 days would be good for Bali (though longer is better). There are sooo many things to catch in Bali. The culture tour, art, nature, or just relaxing at the beach. You could check with your hotel's concierge to see what kind of activities you want to do on your arrival day. Most of attractiions could be booked one day in advance.

We did Bali Bird Park, Safari, GWK, Kecak dance, Jimbaran, Waterboom, Batur Lake, Ubud, Jewelry shopping (woohoo!!), we wanted to do the submarine thingy, but we ran out of time. Save it for next time. :-)

About Singapore, you could check the Singapore forum, as there are many ideas you could find there. I would say Singapore would be fun to do anywhere between 3-5 days, that is with an activity each day. Sentosa island, Chinatown, Boat ride, Esplanade, Orchard road, Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo, Botanical, Little Arab, Boat & Clarke Quay.. too many!!

If you want to have a short additional trip, you could cross the border to Kuala Lumpur for a couple of days at least.

Hongkong is a fun place to be too. It really depends what airline you will be taking. I planned HK too, but since we flew with SIA, I decided to skip on that this time (wasting of flying time - flying back and forth Sgp-Hgk). I would say HK would be 3 days (one thing about HK, most people speak Cantoneese. My cab driver didn;t speak any English!).

India
reviews: 4
5. Re: 6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

Indogal, Thanks again for your quick note. Its invaluable advice.

San Francisco...
6. Re: 6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

You're very welcome!

cheers! :-D

Bali
reviews: 1
7. Re: 6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

Indogal : Good to hear that you enjoy your trip and back safely :-) Hope to see you again in Bali!

sameerb : I'll suggest that you do Singapore first as they have more beautiful gardens and the tour won't be too tiring. You could do 1 do garden tours then one day at Sentosa Island at Singapore. The extra day will be good for shopping.

In Bali the botanical garden tour you could include the Bedugul lake, Candi Kuning market, the Taman Ayun Palace, Monkey Forest and Tanah Lot Temple. Charter a driven car if you enjoy spending more time at Botanical Garden as the normal excursion normalyy just dirve around the garden or max. an hour visit there. With the charter car you could stay as long as you'd like and you could even have a nice lunch picnic there.

If you don't want it to be too tiring, then you do the tours every 2 days and relaxing by the beach in between. Botanical Garden tour is the shoetest one. The other tour to Kintamani and the mother temple will be even more tiring as it's further out.

You could start the Kintamani tour with the Barong Dance performance first then Sukawati market for souvenir shopping, up to Ubud directly if you don't want to do the batik and silver jewellery shopping. Drive through the rice field terrace, stop at Tampaksiring Palace and the spring water pool. Then lunch by the lake. Skip the Elephant Cave on the way back as it'll be too steepy for your parents. You could stop by at Sanur beach instead.

The mother of temple tour will include the Bat Cave, the traditional Balinese Village at Tenganan, Salt producing area, lunch on the beach at Candi Dasa then up to Besakih temple.

So if you want to do the 3 days tour and take a break in between, then it'll take 6 days. So either you skip one tour or stay longer if you don't want it to be too tiring.

Hope this helps.

8. Re: 6 nites at Bali Padma - Seminyak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 15, 2009