We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on last resort to stay in bali

Astoria, New York
reviews: 1
advice on last resort to stay in bali

I posted another message a month or two ago but our itinery is:

Uma by como in ubud - 5days

Alila villas soori - 5 days

Bulgari - splurge for last two days

Now they are doing construvtion and the beach may not be available due to upgrading inclinator but they provide a shuttle to nearby beach club in nusa dua

Was kind of hoping to hang at beach last two days so commuting kind of sucks buuut bulgari is supposed to be amaazing. So would you stay at bulgari? (Which wehave beach superio suite booked) or opt for last two nights at one of following:

Alila villas uluwati

Amankilla

Legian hotel

Let me know thoughts.....can you swim at beach in any of those places it seems like the undertow is bad.

Also any advice on places to eat and thigs to do in any of the mentioned places is apprecaited.

Also want to check out the bars and restaurants in seminayak and legian anyways should we take cabs when in ubud or better off from alila villas soori?

12 replies to this topic
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
reviews: 154
1. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

Hi richyastoria78

To answer your last question first - if you want to check out the bars and restaurants in Seminyak you cannot do it from the Aliia Soori - it is way too far - at least 60 minutes by car each way WHEN the traffic is good. The road has improved but it could take you up to 1.5 hours each way in peak times. When at this hotel, which is gorgeous, by the way, it is really just to chill and enjoy the amazing countryside and do a few side trips from there. Forget travelling to Seminyak.

It is much the same from Ubud - it will take you 45 minutes generally speaking each way when the traffic is good. The are plenty of excellent restaurants in Ubud so you won''t really feel the need to go to Seminyak whilst there.

For your 3rd hotel I think I would probably choose The Legian if you wan to enjoy Seminyak's excellent restaurants. You can swim at the beach here whereas you cannot swim at either the Amankila or Alila Uluwatu.

The Amankilia is stunning and would be a wonderful hotel to stay at too!! Too many choices!

Considering you want to hang out at the beach and enjoy bars and restaurants in Seminyak I think The Legian is the hotel for you!

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Astoria, New York
2. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

Great advice thank you. It is a honeymoon so im not sure if we are better off just staying at bulgari sonce there will prob be less kids and stuff and be more exclusive? Can you swim in the water at alila villa soories?

Astoria, New York
3. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

Also what side trips would you recommend from alila villas soori?

Sydney
Destination Expert
4. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

Hi richy

No, you cannot swim at the beach at Alila Soori, but you can go for horseback rides on it if you like to ride! The sea is way too rough for swimming.

Alila organises Sedgeway tours of the area, you can visit Tanah Lot from the Alila and drive to many temples in nearby villages. The scenery around there is just beautiful. I think you will have trouble leaving your villa though, quite frankly!

Cheers

Edited: 5:00 pm, April 07, 2014
Astoria, New York
5. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

Are there any beach clubs anyone would recommend taking a day trip to from any of resortd we are staying at? I think we are gonna stick at bulgari bcoz it just looks too amazing to not stick with plus we have the superior ocean view pool suite and legian doesnt have private pools.

So can anyone recommend a beach club from ubud or alila villas soori? Also anyone have a driver to recommend?

Sydney
Destination Expert
6. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

There is no beach club near the Alila Soori, you have to go to Seminyak to the closest one. Same thing for Ubud, I'm afraid.

Cheers

Surfers Paradise...
reviews: 9
7. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

All your choices are stunning - but for convenience and proximity to beach and Seminyak's wonderful restaurants and shopping I would choose The Legian, the views from each room are superb. Depends on your priorities.

Having said that The Bulgari looks truly amazing.

Cheers,

Have a happy honeymoon.

Astoria, New York
8. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

Thanks yea i dont know what to do lol....thats why i was thinkin of gettinf a driver and spending the day at semnyak beaches and restaurants at night......i really like the idea of that amazing villa with private pool to unwind last two days of honeymoon

Surfers Paradise...
reviews: 9
9. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

Hi Richy, you just answered your own question. Book Sarong restaurant on line before you go, this would be my pick for one night in Seminyak.

Astoria, New York
10. Re: advice on last resort to stay in bali

very true! lol. im thinking maybe a day at the beach in semnyak from ubud. Sarong looks great but i was more thinking of a nice restaurant on the water and watch sunset over dinner? anyone have recommendations for that? can anyone recommend driver?

Reply to: advice on last resort to stay in bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted