We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Family Hotel

Which Bali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuranda, Australia
Best Family Hotel

Hi there,

My husband and I are taking our daughter to Bali in April 2014 and she will be almost three then. Does anyone have suggestions for family friendly hotels/ resorts we can stay at?

We would like to be on the beach but not in the middle of Kuta as we don't particularly want to be getting constantly harassed by the hawkers as soon as we step out the door of our accommodation. I hear Sanur, Tuban and Seminyak have good beaches, but are there still hawkers on them?

I stayed in Kuta many moons ago and it was like there was an invisible line on the beach. The half towards the water the hawkers couldn't come but they sat on the other half near the road calling out massage, paint your nails, braid your hair. That is not what we are looking for on this trip.

We need some chill out time at the same time would like to have access to restaurants and activities. A kids club, babysitting and good pool areas.

We are flexible on budget thinking about 4-5 star. Around $150 per night.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Australia
reviews: 48
1. Re: Best Family Hotel

Have a look at Breezes. The Semara, and definitely check out Sanur. You are going to find hawkers pretty much everywhere in the south, just smile:)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 237
2. Re: Best Family Hotel

Tuban , Kuta, Legian and Seminyak all share the same beach, there are hawkers and there can be some strong rips. The beach at Sanur is much safer for young children. There are many hotels right on the beach front with no roads to cross and shady trees to play / sit under. The beach front hotels have plenty of sun loungers on the beach and around the pools and you can sit at the many restaurants and cafes with your feet in the sand. Sanur does have some hawkers just like anywhere else in bali but they tend to be less obtrusive along a lot of the beach front but concentrate more along the area near the markets. Look at these places: Griya Santrian, Puri Santrian, Mercure, Sanur beach hotel, Segara, for some less expensive options : Besakih, Respati, Inna sindhu. All are on the beach.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 16
3. Re: Best Family Hotel

Holiday Inn Baruna Close enough to kuta but still be out of it.Best kids club in Bali and the food at the hotel is quite cheap the best we have been to as a family in bali.I have to make my kids stay out of the kids club just so i can spend time with them.

4. Re: Best Family Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 19, 2014