We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoiding the crowds?

Brighton, United...
reviews: 11
Avoiding the crowds?

Hello everyone,

I have just moved to Bali to work in Seminyak but am in need of advice for what to do on my 2 days off a week. I'd really like to go back to nature and avoid beaches with too many sun beds. A sarong to lie on, some warung food and a nice spot to swim would be perfect ;)

I know it's a bit difficult to find such an escape these days.. I came to bali 12 years ago and I think I was a bit spoilt for this ha! I've been told to head to the east side?..

Anyway thanks, I'd really appreciate any advice!

Anya

Eindhoven, The...
reviews: 137
11. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Hi,

There is a fabulous deserted beach at Tegal Mengkeb. We stayed at Sahaja and Sawah, maybe you can stay there for the night if you have two days off. Free shuttle to the beach, great sunsets there, only some locals, no sunbeds or restaurants, but what a great ambiance! Nice sand to walk along the shore.

Also loved the beach in Pekutatan, at Puri Dajuma Cottages, also deserted beach, no one there!

Think also closer to Seminyak you can find quieter places. Have a lunch at Waka Gangga, beach (Yeh gangga) there it is also not very busy. And next time we will be in Kerambitan (Tabanan area), nearest beach is Pasud, but this area is new to me, probably not very crowded.

Hope this helps you,

Edited: 8:31 am, November 25, 2013
Eindhoven, The...
reviews: 137
12. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Hi again,

If you want quiet areas, but not particularly on the beach, here some ideas:

- Bali Eco Stay (ask for transport, as this place is hard to find)

- Sawah Indah - Sidemen, for gorgeous views, massages, lovely pool, walks, lunch at Samanvaya next door

- Balam Bali Villa, do the free trekking with the owner

- Taman di Blayu, bike tour from there to Tanah Lot

- Munduk Moding Plantation, trekking to waterfall, lakes, coffeeplantations

- Go for a lunch/dinner/night to Yeh Pulu Cafe, such a serene place. They have built some new cheap rooms, see photos in my review. You can sit and relax here so peacefully....or do a workshop soapcarving/woodcarving here

Still many beautiful quiet places to find on Bali....

Manchester
reviews: 6
13. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Hi everyone.. Great advice here!!

Well I am heading to Bali in December and I wondered if anyone can recommend an area and possible accommodation which is quiet, peaceful, maybe near a beach and within an hour of the airport as after a 24 hour journey from the UK I don't fancy a long journey!! I fancy spending 2 days here's then maybe going to amed for a few days

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Bali, Indonesia
14. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

back to nature the best place is Munduk and sidemen

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
reviews: 2
15. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Hi Rose. Maybe take a look at Sanur. It's within an hour's drive of the airport, not as quiet as other places that have been mentioned but quieter than Legian/Seminyak/ Kuta. I've stayed several nights there on my last 2 trips after arriving from UK. Slept solidly for 11hours on my first night last trip! If you want anymore advice about Sanur or Amed I'm happy to help

Manchester
reviews: 6
16. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Great thanks.. Can you recommend any decent accomation for under £50 a night? x

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
reviews: 2
17. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

Last 2 trips I stayed at Puri Sading which is central Sanur. A pool suite room is approx £40 so within your budget. They have other rooms cheaper than this. Approx 5 mins walk from the beach & plenty of restaurants/warungs close by, also Hardy's supermarket & department store where you could stock up on bits & pieces. If you book on their website there is an Internet rate that is less than the published rate. Your credit/debit card details are taken but you don't pay until you check out of the hotel.

Maybe have a look on Booking.com or agoda or similar to give you an idea of available accommodation.

18. Re: Avoiding the crowds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 02, 2014