We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali- Where should stay in Bali?

Which Bali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
reviews: 5
Bali- Where should stay in Bali?

Hi all,

My sisters and I are planning a weeks trip to Bali in August. But we are confused about where to stay as there are lots of options and we have only 1 week.

I have read that Kuta should be avoided as it is too "touristy"

How are Legian and Seminyak??Are there any other places we should stay at?

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 45
1. Re: Bali- Where should stay in Bali?

Tell us more about what you are looking for in this holiday, ie shopping, culture, art and crafts, excursions, swimming, nightlife or ? The more we know, the better the responses will be to suit you and your sisters' holiday.

Kuta, Indonesia
reviews: 19
2. Re: Bali- Where should stay in Bali?

Hi Sue, love the avatar to infinity and beyond.

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 45
3. Re: Bali- Where should stay in Bali?

:)

Mataram, Nusa...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Bali- Where should stay in Bali?

Kuta,Legian and Seminyak almost the same, if you want to find quite place , better you stay at Ubud area

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
reviews: 26
5. Re: Bali- Where should stay in Bali?

Try Sanur.

More relaxed than the Kuta, Legian area.

It has a good selection of places to stay.

Not so much of the load clubs of Kuta.

A great walkway along the beach with cafes and restaurants on the beach.

cocomoco
reviews: 2
6. Re: Bali- Where should stay in Bali?

How about splitting your trip into two destinations. A couple of nights in Ubud: ricefield walk, downhill mountainbiking so you can see more of Bali, yoga class, spa, delicious food, dance performance, temples such as Gunung Kawi, Tirta Gangga and stunning ricefield view at Ceking.

And on the other days head to Kuta area (which I personally try to avoid at all costs, but I can imagine many love it): hanging on the beach, partying, great food, shopping, surfing. It is crowded and it doesn't feel like Bali at all, same for Legian. Many say Seminyak is more up scale. But for me it is the same, only more expensive and a bit older crowd. If you want to enjoy the beach with a relaxing atmosphere check out Balian Beach and Uluwatu beach. Very far out but great crowd. No shops and clubs though....

7. Re: Bali- Where should stay in Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 15, 2014