We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali visa; how much space does it need in passport?

Which Bali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 3
Bali visa; how much space does it need in passport?

I understand I need to buy a visa on arrival in Bali ($25), but can anyone tell me how much space this will take in my passport, together with the arrival/departure stamps? I only have 4 single empty pages left in my passport, & these are all on the left-hand side. All of the other places I travel to that require visas (mainly West Africa) always place a big visa stamp on the right-hand side, & then the entry/departure is stamped by passport control on the left, so it takes two whole pages, If this is the case with Bali I need to renew my passport...! Thanks...

6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
reviews: 76
1. Re: Bali visa; how much space does it need in passport?

They only use one page for the Visa,entry stamp and departure stamp.

With 3 pages left you will not have to renew.

London, United...
2. Re: Bali visa; how much space does it need in passport?

Thank you very much, that's helpful!

Wollongong...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Bali visa; how much space does it need in passport?

Passport must be valid more than six months.

Two clean passport pages for visa stamping..

Ticket out of Indonesia.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 56
4. Re: Bali visa; how much space does it need in passport?

The rules say you need 2 pages but the VOA stickers that get put into your passport are now smaller and no longer take up the entire page, so this rule now has a little leeway, although they will stick it to a blank page.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 8
5. Re: Bali visa; how much space does it need in passport?

It was a pain when the VISA took up a whole page. I had to get a new passport way before it was due.

Be careful when getting down to 3 pages. Some countries (not Indonesia) are very strict about having 3 blank pages. I was paranoid when I only had 3 left when going to Europe.

Maybe renew before your next trip (after Bali).

Edited: 11:08 pm, July 09, 2013
London, United...
6. Re: Bali visa; how much space does it need in passport?

Thanks very much; this is all making me think I do need to renew it; I'll be going to other places that need visas before the end of the year. It still has 5 years validity left! I'll ask for the bigger passport this time but I don't think it has that many more pages. They need to supply super-big passports for those of us who travel a lot....

Reply to: Bali visa; how much space does it need in passport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted