We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 8
how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

Hi, me and my boyfriend are off to Bali on Tuesday for 2 weeks and have never been there before. i was just wondering how much in English money we would need for the 2 weeks.

our hotels have breakfast included and we have already booked and paid for a couple of day trips so wouldnt need much in the way of that. we dont really go for big expensive meals but might go for a couple as its a special trip. i would like to do a little bit of shopping and a couple of massages.

We are staying in Ubud and Sanur.

any help would be greatly appreciated, especially as we go so soon! ha

x

15 replies to this topic
Wanneroo, Australia
reviews: 29
1. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

Rule of thumb is $100 per day or about 60 quid for two..this includes most things but not top of the range restaurants

Perth, Australia
reviews: 28
2. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

If your hotel provides breakfast that usually does you up until late arvo if you stock up on it! Food is quite cheap but of course it depends where you go to eat. I have paid for a meal like pastas for about $8-12 AU money. I went to Bali 2yrs back for 4 days & $400 got me through with drinks, meals & even some shopping. Just depends where you decide to eat.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 14
3. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

Have a look at restaurant reviews for the areas your staying and then google the name. A lot of restaurants have their menu and prices available. I think the 60 quid quote is about right but it varies on what else you do during the day.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 217
4. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

I am here at the moment in Sanur. I have just reviewed one of the restaurants we ate at and written the cost of our meal. scroll down to my name an you can take a look

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g297700…

The majority of local warungs and restaurants that tourists visit have meals and entrees around 35,000rp - 70,000rp. ($3.50 - $7.00 US). Soft drink 8,000rp - 15,000rp, Fresh fruit juice 10,000rp - 20,000rp. Local bintang beer 15,000rp - 30,000rp (sml and lge bottle). Fresh whole snapper 10,000rp - 30,000rp per 100gm. We were paying around 70,000rp - 120,000rp per fish incl either salad or veg and chips.

Just wander along the street and or beach path and you can look at the price boards out the front.

Any imported alcohol is not cheap, bring your own duty free. Taxis are cheap.

Massages around 50,000rp for one hour. Overall prices are very reasonable. Some days you spend more depending on what you do. This trip we have spent anything from $60AUD per day to $150 per day. Most days have been very cheap as we spent time at the pool and beach. We also buy some snack foods and drinks from the supermarket at times but still buy our meals each day.

Gold Coast
reviews: 33
5. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

I reckon 60 to 80 quid per day for both of you will be plenty.

Edited: 1:26 am, June 10, 2013
Perth, Australia
reviews: 34
6. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

thanks Snooky, Sanur is looking better all the time. First trip there in September.

Adelaide, Australia
7. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

Hi Katie,

Mrs Mac & I average Aus$200 or 120 quid a day over a 3 week period. This includes shopping (just clothes & jewellery etc nothing really expensive) Tours every 2-3 days & eating & drinking where ever we like (some expensive & some not).Most TA's take extra & if you bring some back, that's great but if not then you are prepared for the unforseen.

I hope you can decipher everyone's great info.

Cheers Mac

Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

Its seems alcohol is the killer. Do restaurants and cafes let you byo if you are eating there? I assume not? I don't drink beer which is a shame.

Mumbai...
reviews: 9
9. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

how much will the cost be in Indian Rupees for a trip for three people to Bali.

which is the best season and month to be there? (i wanna travel cheap and therefore off season sounds better. but definitely it shudnt affect the experience. ready to shell out a little more :) )

Stuart, Florida
10. Re: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.

Your comment about "bring your own alcohol duty free". Can this be purchased in Denpasar airport upon our arrival in Bali?

Reply to: how much for 2 weeks in bali?? and average cost of a meal.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted