We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

Which Bali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 39
Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

Hi everyone,

at the moment we have booked Sanur hotel 08-12 March 2012

then we head off to Legian from 12-21 March 2013.

Will we be able to get a taxi form Sanur to Legian on 12 March - Nyepi Day - or should we alter dates of our accommodation.

All help will be appreciated.

Regards Joe

Darwin, Australia
reviews: 1
21. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

So I have just come across this Nyepi day and we have flights home from Bali booked for 12th March 2013. What do we do now???

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
reviews: 24
22. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

You will not be going home on 12th March. Either change your flight to the day before or after. Better to do it now before the airline changes you to a flight which may not suit you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
23. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

i have received email from Garuda. They're changing our flight from 12Mar to 13Mar, same timing. I guess we will just choose the best hotel and have a full day relaxing and resting there. not an issue at all.:))

Perth, Western...
24. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

can you swim in your hotel? Can you get food from hotel?

Brisbane
reviews: 39
25. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

This is an email I received from my hotel about Nyepi.

But can I suggest you email your hotel and ask, hotels may have different policies and activities.

Provided as a guide to what hotels could be doing-

"Hi again,

I just found out that during your stay there will be the ‘Nyepi’ Day – or ‘Silent’ Day in Bali. It is the ‘Hindu New Year’ which is celebrated by the Balinese Hindu population and which effects the whole island.

On March 12 there will be no airline traffic, no cars, no bikes, no motorcycles, it is not allowed to walk the streets – from sunrise to sunset, starting sunset there will be no lights allowed (outside the room). There is no TV program, internet worked last year but they said maybe the cut it also this year. Nobody is allowed in the sea or on the beach, our pools are open until sunset but all has to be on a very quiet mode.

Balinese don’t leave their homes and don’t speak on that day, all has a very spiritual meaning and it really is a special day to experience.

Our hotel will offer 2 video channels with movies and kids movies all day and food and beverages are also available round the clock (not on the beach but in one of our function rooms as there are no activities allowed in the open).

This is the same for all over Bali and there is no chance to go from one area to the other (except at an emergency).

On your arrival day March 11, there will be ‘Ogoh Ogoh’ Festivals all over the island, also in our area and this is very interesting to watch. Parades of very colorful sculptures are carried from one village to the other, there will be basically no more traffic possible starting sunset of 11th already. This means a very colorful and loud day and night is followed by a complete day of silence.

Maybe you want to google both – the Nyepi and Silent Day and the Ogoh Ogoh to be prepared."

I hope this helps.

Adelaide, Australia
26. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

Sounds like a very unique experience, the day before as well as Nyepi. We will be stocking up on food & drinks as well as DVDs.

Enjoy!!!!

Cheers Mac

Yanchpe Western...
reviews: 30
27. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

We will be in Jimbaran Bay at the same time and we were told there is no TV allowed on that day and so no channels run. It is going to be one quiet day!!

australia
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Seminyak, Legian
reviews: 38
28. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

You can actually talk to each other :)

Going without the telly is not a big deal, you are in a gorgeous and tranquil location, soak it in.

Adelaide, Australia
29. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

Yes,

Talking mmm!! A novel idea!! :>))))

We will try this talking. lol

Cheers Mac

Perth, Australia
30. Re: Nyepi Day 2013 - 12 March

hi just wondering on nyepi day are they allowed to serve drinks at the hotel bar