We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snake skin bags

Which Bali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth WA
reviews: 2
Snake skin bags

Hi everyone!

When in Bali last year I saw some stunning snakeskin bags in Matahari and Discovery but was unsure of what the rules are for bringing snake skin into Australia so didn't buy one. I'm going back in two weeks(soooooooo excited!) and was wondering if anyone here knows the rules and regs regarding snakeskin bags(from memory one was a Guess bag). Thanks!

Australia
reviews: 48
1. Re: Snake skin bags

The rules are NO, so you have a good chance of them being confiscated.

Guess bags are probably synthetic snake so you will be fine.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 31
2. Re: Snake skin bags

I have purchased snakeskin bags in Bali in 09 and in January this year and declared them and had no problems.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
reviews: 32
3. Re: Snake skin bags

All products made from snakeskin must be declared. By rights it should be specifically labelled indicating what species of snake it is from. If it is from a protected species it will be taken off you.

A lot of "snakeskin" today is fake. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Snake skin bags

I once had a pair of snakeskin shoes and bag made in Thailand.I even viewed and chose the pelts.I was stressing about bringing them home,so decided to wear them!!On arrival at Melb they were filming Boarder Security!!Thought here we go,great topic for them to film.No-one even gave the shoes or bag a second glace and I just walked through customs.I still love the shoes and wear them often.

5. Re: Snake skin bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 26, 2012