We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stupid idea

Which Bali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 74
Stupid idea

Hi all,

Today I was buying an Air freshener for my car and I had an idea, where could I find one that would remind me of Bali....maybe sandalwood ....anyway an ideal silly question for the forum.

So if you know where to find these in Bali, or to make your own (you never know...)

PS : Burning incense sticks in my car is a no no.

Bali
reviews: 10
1. Re: Stupid idea

Why don't you just add some essential oils to a small cloth? That should do the trick.

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 45
2. Re: Stupid idea

I'm with Teka-Teki re oils. Perhaps use some sandalwood oil on a cleaning cloth in the car or spend an afternoon on the weekend eating sates and drnking bintang in your car with all the doors closed.......

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 237
3. Re: Stupid idea

if only we could bottle that 'bali smell'. you need to keep a bag of your bali laundry sealed up and then sit in the car with the windows closed and open the bag!

SYDNEY
reviews: 11
4. Re: Stupid idea

Ochervet, this is far from a stupid idea.

This is just a thought you may like to try.

I have an unopened box of my favourite Thurgas incense which is very popular in Bali on the back seat. On a hot day and we have had some lately, the aroma of them sifts thoughout the car. It really brings back the bali smell without lighting them.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
5. Re: Stupid idea

In Australia I saw some frangipani room air freshener, the plug in variety. It's a long way to go though for a scented plug. I've agree about the oils, and adapting something already on the market should be straightforward if you buy yourself some frangipani oil. Alternatively, get a small piece of unvarnished porous wood, and soak it in the oil. Then drill a hole in the wood and dangle it from your rear view mirror. If you have some unvarnished dice these would be ideal.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 74
6. Re: Stupid idea

well I'll be on the lookout for oils or something else when in Bali.

Over here in Dublin, BALILOVERSYDNEY, a very hot day is 23C / 24C not sure it would work.

Noodle the Frangipani room air freshener is an idea and would be a welcome change from the classic lavender / jasmine ones over here that reminds me too much of a bathroom.

Well I miss that Bali smell I guess, it's been almost 11 months... glad I'm back there in 5 weeks.

Perth Australia
reviews: 10
7. Re: Stupid idea

ochervet when in Bali we bought air freshener because of the drain smells you sometimes get in the rooms. It is Stella aromatherapy lemon, I bought a large can back with me so did my daughter and everytime we smell it we think of Bali it lingers in the house for quite awhile. Beautiful smell.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Cheers Harro

Texas
8. Re: Stupid idea

hi Orchevet,

What about beads made of sandalwood or Sandalwood paste ? for sure you can you find them in Bali. If they are meditation beads, they are sacred objects and need to be treated with respect...

Cheers

SYDNEY
reviews: 11
9. Re: Stupid idea

Ochervet, it should work, on cooler days here I leave it on the dash board when a t work, get into the car it is divine. Hope you soon get the Bali smell back. Cheers.

10. Re: Stupid idea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, September 22, 2010