We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing flight dates with air asia

mudwash
reviews: 10
Changing flight dates with air asia

ok we are going for 10 days in May hubby just said I was thinking it may not be long enough and maybe we should extend our holiday well no argument from me and I have checked there are flights at just a few dollars more but hubby says it may cost more than that just wondering if anyone knows the in's and out's of changing flights without it costing us too much

Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Legian, Seminyak
reviews: 43
1. Re: Changing flight dates with air asia

You will need to contact Air Asia. if you purchased a discount ticket there are often no changes allowed. If there are you will then have to pay the rates of tickets now, it will certainly cost you some money, but that will depend on the class of ticket you have.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
reviews: 2
2. Re: Changing flight dates with air asia

I changed a flight with them, same date but an earlier time. It didn't cost me very much.

Bali, Indonesia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Changing flight dates with air asia

Hi mudwash,

Just login to Air Asia and if you are not registered there yet, there's a Change/Resend Itinerary on the left hand side. Just follow the instruction till you reach the payment section to find out how much does it actually cost you. As far as you don't put your credit card details, it won't get processed. It's the safest way to ensure the total cost.

If you are registered, then you can use the "Manage My Booking" box after login.

I don't know where did you buy the ticket, but from Indonesia there's an extra fee for Rp.275,000/ticket plus the difference of the seat cost to pay if you want to change the date.

Hope it helps,

Sandra

mudwash
4. Re: Changing flight dates with air asia

we have been trying to look up the changes but we are not members so could not get far I have found some flights at the same price coming back but eight days later which is what we want so hopefully it will not cost too much

mudwash
5. Re: Changing flight dates with air asia

Tried to register with Air Asia but it would not let me will have to wait for hubby to get home and give them a call to find out what we can do

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
reviews: 59
6. Re: Changing flight dates with air asia

ust looked at the bottom of an email that came in and read this

Q: Can I change flights? Will I be charged, and what do I need to do?

A: You may change flights up to forty-eight (48) hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time, subject to the following conditions: (a) if the new flight booked is in a lower fare class than that of the cancelled booked flight, the difference in fares will not be refunded to the guest; (b) if the new flight booked is in a higher fare class than that of the cancelled booked flight, the difference in fares shall be paid by the guest before the cancellation or change can be made; (c) route change is not allowed. Changes can be easily made via Manage My Booking on airasia.com, at all our sales office/airport sales counter and through our Call Centre.

mudwash
7. Re: Changing flight dates with air asia

Hi thanks for that we have been trying to get into manage my flight but for some reason it wont let us. I am waiting on the air asia line as I am typing this so I should find out very soon if it can be done.

mudwash
8. Re: Changing flight dates with air asia

we have changed our flights it cost us $80 on line if we had done it on the phone it would have cost us $130 so that is good

9. Re: Changing flight dates with air asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 01, 2010