We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR Family holiday July 09

perth australia
reviews: 14
JBR Family holiday July 09

Returned last week from a lovely 2 week family holiday in Bali with our 2 kids - 11 and 8.

After a 90 min queue at the airport (Jetstar arriving at about 3pm on a Wed – may look into VIP arrival the next time…) we were picked up by our careful driver and whisked off to Agung Bali Nirvana Villas about 3.5 hrs north of the airport in Sambirentang. We were there for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. Amazing location and views and lovely villas ( see separate review) We did a morning trip to the nearby waterfalls which was fun and had lunch at the Spa Village Resort which was a lovely meal although they have a No Kids policy. We also did a few walks into the quiet fishing village. Other than that we lazed around and had a very chill time. Highly recommend these villas as comfortable, well priced accommodation in a very peaceful location with a fab view.

The 4 hr drive to the Tamu Seseh villas (30 min north of Seminyak), where we stayed for 10 nights, was gorgeous with a beautiful view of the volcanoes and volcanic lakes. We bought our package at Tamu Seseh on EBay and at approx AUD 200 a night it was great value (reviewed separately) A bit of a drive into Seminyak, which became a pain especially when the round trip for dinner was approx an hour. In the future we would probably stay here for approx 5 nights then move into Seminyak. Nonetheless a very restful stay in pleasant surroundings with a gorgeous view, great staff.

We had a memorable evening at Sarong – superb restaurant , lunch at Ku de Ta – still a special place, light lunch at La Lucciola – terrific casual beach side groove ; some shopping in Seminyak –personally I find Bali fashion shopping average and quality just OK , however did pick up a few lovely pieces of jewellery. Quickly walked through Kartika Plaza which I thought was a waste of time.

If I could, I would have shipped back a container of furniture as found some great,well priced high end shops. We had a lovely day white water rafting and another strenuous day at the Tree Rope Park – lots of fun and a real test of your core strength (which I failed dismally and watched my lithe 11 yo pass with flying colours). The kids had 2 fun filled days at WaterBom Park which was great as usual.

All of us came down with one ailment or another (a touch of the flu for the adults, a 1 day tummy bug for my daughter and an ear infection for my son- except for the tummy bug all these were caught at home so no fault of Bali ) however as we were staying in villas these hiccups were more than bearable as we simply lounged around in the villas (as opposed to being stuck in a hotel room).

In summary a great holiday, terrific value, restful but still lots of fun.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
1. Re: JBR Family holiday July 09

Thanks for taking the time to write this, and glad you had a good time.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 62
2. Re: JBR Family holiday July 09

How lovely, and I especially liked reading in the first 4 lines that you intend to return to Bali. Excellent.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 217
3. Re: JBR Family holiday July 09

thank you for writing about your trip.

western australia
reviews: 116
4. Re: JBR Family holiday July 09

Hi Inmar-

Just saw your entry having read the one asking about Villas Agung first (from May 09).

Glad you enjoyed it- we loved it- which villa did you stay in?

What a coincidence- we also stayed at Tamu Seseh. Which villa did you have there?

With the onset of cheap flights with Air Asia from Perth I am desperate to get back!!

5. Re: JBR Family holiday July 09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 18, 2010