We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

Which Bali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 37
Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

Hi guys, sorry if this question has been asked many times

do you need reservation there?, if so, where can you do that online?

is it usually crowded?

what's the price like? and usually how much do you tip them?

thank you so much !!

Asia
reviews: 41
1. Re: Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

Hi,

Yes, you need a reservation there.

Yes, you can do it online.

Yes, it's usually crowded.

Price, I can't remember. I know I have posted how much I paid on this forum, and some others as well. You should do a search on the Bali Forum. I listed out what we had as well(Chef's Surprise) plus some drinks.

No need to tip. It's already very expensive for Bali standards, but if you want to, you can. I never tip, plus it's not in the Asian culture to do so. ;-P

nunya
reviews: 25
2. Re: Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

babygenius

as of march it was 450,000 rupiah per person.

drinks are also expensive .

you could also get you hotel to bok for you .

cheers

batt

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 106
3. Re: Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

Go to Naughty Nuri's just down the road from Mosaic instead. The food is good, atmosphere great and drinks better. Its a fancy warung, Not a gourmet restaurant. Try the martini and pork ribs.

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 18
4. Re: Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

I went to Mozaic last year, after taking-in a stunning performance of the Ramayana at the Ubud Palace, on my way back to the Oberoi in Seminyak. At a MILLION rupiah for a 5-course degustation with wine, it was about the same as gourmet dining in, say, Singapore. BUT....what can I say about a meal whose only element I remember was dessert? And yet, this restaurant has been touted as God's gift to the taste-buds....however, I think its simply another case of the Emperor's New Clothes!!

nunya
reviews: 25
5. Re: Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

my personel view ........i agree with the above 2 posters ....there are better restaurants in ubud , than the mozaic .....but it depends on your taste buds , everyone is different ....my taste buds totally loathed the food !

cheers

batt

Australia
reviews: 17
6. Re: Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

that price of 450,000 isnt inclusive of the service charge etc its more like 544,500.

Drinks are very expensive unless you bring your own wine and get charged corkage of 75,000 ++ The cheapest wine is still about $45AUS.

I loved the food and service but didnt think there was enough food for the price.

EAch to their own i think......

let us know how you go :)

Boston
reviews: 37
7. Re: Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

Hmmm I don't know, I'm actually always a fan of gourmet dining, a picky one too

I'm gonna be staying at 4 seasons, but a bunch of the reviewers of 4 seasons suggested mozaic since the food is like half price of the food inside 4 seasons, so thought I'd like to give it a try

a 5 course (and yes, small portions of 5 course) usually goes up to 100 per person in US without tipping and drinks, so the price of mozaic sounds a lot cheaper to me, but we'll see =)

I hope the food itself is worth the price

Singapore
8. Re: Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

babygenius,

I think that when the ppl here say that the Mozaic is expensive... it's relative to other places in Bali. :-)

9. Re: Mozaic Restaurant, some questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 03, 2009