We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 weeks in Indonesia, Thailand... Oct/Nov

Which Indonesia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
reviews: 7
5 weeks in Indonesia, Thailand... Oct/Nov

Hi,

I think to travel from about the 15th of October for 5 weeks in South Asia

I visited already many countries (australia, south america, europe...) but never in Asia

I'm 32, and travelling alone (but I like meet people).

I used to sleep in youth hostel, couchsurfing.... economic travel

I have 5 weeks off and would like to see beautiful places (sea, countryside...), not too slow but not too fast

I know mid-October and November are not the best period for the weather in several area

What could you recommand me in Indonesia at this period ?

how many days about ?

may I mix with another country (Thailand, Malaysia...)?

about accommodation, is there youth hostel in Indonesia ? or similar

Thanks in advance

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung
reviews: 51
1. Re: 5 weeks in Indonesia, Thailand... Oct/Nov

1) I don't think 5 weeks is enough to travel the whole country in Indonesia... Too much things to see and do.. But if you just want to visit the typical tourist sites such as Yogyakarta, Bali and Lombok.. It's more than enough..

If you want to visit Thailand and Malaysia is alright (depending on your priorities).. They are good hubs for entering Indonesia..

2) youth hostels such as dorm rooms (that I know of) are quite rare in Indonesia.. mostly budget hotels with private rooms..

3) October and november is pretty rainy in Indonesia, they usually rain in the evening though..

Edited: 11:37 am, August 12, 2012
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
2. Re: 5 weeks in Indonesia, Thailand... Oct/Nov

thanks Stef

yes, I read it's not the best period for the weather

but I think I will have the same difficulties with the weather in Thailand or Indonesia, is it correct ?

as it's an important travel for me, I don't want to waste my time if it's raining often

do you advise me to visit other countries or the rain is a not a difficulty in Oct/November, only a little bit per day and other tourists adapt

Ajax, Canada
reviews: 149
3. Re: 5 weeks in Indonesia, Thailand... Oct/Nov

Never been to Indonesia but other than the Bali area with beaches and Jakarta-I just like big busy cities, I don't know where else I'd like to venture in that country.

Thailand has many destinations from large urban centres with many temples, bars, restaurants, people to meet to quiet-or busy, beaches that stretch for miles. There is also lots to do and many people to make friends with at beach destinations.

Just keep searching and get a little game plan before you go-one week here...3 days there...a weekend some plece else...pick some things you want to see and stay in a central location close to bars, transit and easy access to tours.

Weather can be an issue and the humidity when it's not raining is suffocating!

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
4. Re: 5 weeks in Indonesia, Thailand... Oct/Nov

thanks for your opinion

5. Re: 5 weeks in Indonesia, Thailand... Oct/Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 20, 2013